I’m Anna- a 17 yr old girl who loves lifting. About 3 weeks ago, I had a pyeloplasty to fix pretty severe hydronephrosis and have finally been given the green light to lift more than 20lbs. However there are some pretty harsh restrictions due to the insertion of a stent:
- no weighted squatting for 3 months
- no loaded hip hinge movements for 6 months
- bench without leg drive ( I’ll be taking full advantage of this, my bench was weak anything)
- single leg movements that aren’t loaded on the back (ie db split squats and lunges)
- hip thrusts
- machine work except leg press and hack squat (too much abdominal pressure)
What can I do to maintain some semblance of lower body strength given that I won’t be able to handle heavy loads?