T Nation

Ways to Hide AAS Use?


#1

For whatever reason, some people may need to hide their AAS use. Regardless of the reason, it doesn't matter.

What techniques do you guys use? Here is what I've come up with so far:

  1. Constantly post pictures of lean chicken and veggies on social media
  2. Check in at the gym every day on social media
  3. Selfies at the gym w/ protein shake
  4. Buy a lot of "legit" looking supplements and leave them around for ppl to see (test boosters and other bullshit people believe works)
  5. Claim you drink a gallon of raw milk a day, eat raw acorns, anything crazy that will make people think you are dedicated
  6. Limit your caloric intake so you don't put on a bunch of mass (this seems lame)
  7. wear loose fitting clothes
  8. Never mention steroid use to anyone, not even if you are saying you are against its use in MLB or "lance armstrong is a fraud" or whatever
  9. You could come clean with them. 1 of 2 options: 1. "Dude just because you see someone with a little bit of muscle doesn't mean they are on steroids, if you put in a little hard work you could look like too", or 2: "idk man, I just must have freak genetics"

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head. Anyone else have anything to add?


#2

when people ask if I use steroids, I say “no.”

Usually does the trick.


#3

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

  1. Constantly post pictures of lean chicken and veggies on social media
  2. Check in at the gym every day on social media
  3. Selfies at the gym w/ protein shake
  4. Buy a lot of “legit” looking supplements and leave them around for ppl to see (test boosters and other bullshit people believe works)
  5. Claim you drink a gallon of raw milk a day, eat raw acorns, anything crazy that will make people think you are dedicated
    [/quote]

As a non-user that respects the rights of people to do what they want with AAS (unless they’re being disingenuous and competing against others who are not), I have to say that none of these five things would do ANYTHING to influence my opinion of whether someone was using.

And I suspect that for most non-gym-goers, “checking in at the gym every day on social media” would rank pretty high on the list of things that make people think you ARE on the steronz.


#4

1-4 are absurd. I’d rather people think I use steroids than do that bullshit.
5 is true for me anyway. I used to drink a gallon of milk a day, now it’s between a half and a full gallon. Most of my friends know this, as I’ve been doing it for a decade.
6… so basically don’t take advantage of the steroids? Yea that’s genius. Might as well not use them.
7 This one’s alright if you don’t care how you look.
8 This is the best suggestion. Just don’t talk about it at all.
9 eh. I don’t love this one. I don’t really want to directly lie to/ mislead people, especially if they’re people I care about.

The only people who have ever accused me of using steroids were my parents. And that was a long time ago, when I wasn’t using steroids. I’m sure plenty of people around me have thought it though. A few will crack jokes like “damn, you must be on steroids or something, har har har”. But I don’t get directly questioned on the subject.


#5

Why go through such great lengths and if your constantly posting gym selfies and protein shakes people are gonna think you’re a douche not a gear user.

Just say no. Majority of people will believe you if you just say you’ve been lifting hard and eating a lot.

And besides who really gives a shit if someone “thinks” your on shit.


#6

[quote]BUDs wrote:

And besides who really gives a shit if someone “thinks” your on shit. [/quote]

Some dickhead leaders in the military do. I’ve seen some outstanding marines get burned for AAS use. But then, they were absolute morons about it.


#7

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

And besides who really gives a shit if someone “thinks” your on shit. [/quote]

Some dickhead leaders in the military do. I’ve seen some outstanding marines get burned for AAS use. But then, they were absolute morons about it.

[/quote]

I was referring more to a gym atmosphere and people you see, not so much as to a professionial environment


#8

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

And besides who really gives a shit if someone “thinks” your on shit. [/quote]

Some dickhead leaders in the military do. I’ve seen some outstanding marines get burned for AAS use. But then, they were absolute morons about it.

[/quote]

I was referring more to a gym atmosphere and people you see, not so much as to a professionial environment
[/quote]

I read ya.

I’m just stating the idea that if someone is in the military it would give them more of a concern to “care” if people speculated you were using is all.


#9

Who the fuck cares as long as its not work related.


#10

The best way is to not be a douchebag about it.

Don’t think you are better than others, Don’t walk around the gym like the incredible hulk flexing every chance you get.

Basically be humble about it.


#11

[quote]Ned wrote:
The best way is to not be a douchebag about it.

Don’t think you are better than others, Don’t walk around the gym like the incredible hulk flexing every chance you get.

Basically be humble about it.

[/quote]

Posing in between sets will actually benefit you


#12

I may get flamed for this sentiment, but I believe it’s threads like this (i.e. the thinking demonstrated in it) that are the reason the average joe has such a strong negative attitude toward AAS.

That is, that it’s shrouded in evasion and dishonesty at least, outright lies at worst. Combine that with the fact that AAS use isn’t just a small edge, but a very significant advantage (to build muscle and strength), and it creates a lot of resentment and hostility toward people who use. Even in sports where EVERYONE uses and most intelligent people realize this (witness Lance Armstrong as the scapegoat of cycling).

People like me, who don’t use but don’t have a problem with others using, especially competitive athletes, still find the principle (of dishonesty surrounding it) problematic. I understand the fact that’s illegal combines with common sense / self-interest as a good reason to not admit to AAS use, but Yogi’s suggestion, for example, means that one would basically be going through their life regularly repeating an outright lie. Maybe I’m getting too philosophical, but that strikes me as an issue.

I’ve been reading through Shadow Pro’s threads and while everything he himself says seems reasonable and on-point, it’s honestly mind-blowing to me some of the guys posting there – guys who have a physique one would think is attainable naturally but are using amounts of drugs close to an IFBB pro. Then they go to the gym and someone asks them and they say they’re natural… it just creates a lot of misinformation in the community. You can’t escape the fact that while we can all talk about “maximizing natural potential first” over and over, AAS will also be seen as an easy shortcut to a lot of people, and used for that purpose by some.


#13

As long as you just worry about yourself, you should be fine. Its funny, majority of guys who dont use steroids are the ones most concerned if others are or not.


#14

[quote]craze9 wrote:

People like me, who don’t use but don’t have a problem with others using, especially competitive athletes, still find the principle (of dishonesty surrounding it) problematic. I understand the fact that’s illegal combines with common sense / self-interest as a good reason to not admit to AAS use, but Yogi’s suggestion, for example, means that one would basically be going through their life regularly repeating an outright lie. Maybe I’m getting too philosophical, but that strikes me as an issue.

[/quote]

If you fully understand, as you state, that pros (or regulars) simply can not admit using for legal reasons, then how can you take an issue?


#15

[quote]craze9 wrote:
I may get flamed for this sentiment, but I believe it’s threads like this (i.e. the thinking demonstrated in it) that are the reason the average joe has such a strong negative attitude toward AAS.

That is, that it’s shrouded in evasion and dishonesty at least, outright lies at worst. Combine that with the fact that AAS use isn’t just a small edge, but a very significant advantage (to build muscle and strength), and it creates a lot of resentment and hostility toward people who use. Even in sports where EVERYONE uses and most intelligent people realize this (witness Lance Armstrong as the scapegoat of cycling).

People like me, who don’t use but don’t have a problem with others using, especially competitive athletes, still find the principle (of dishonesty surrounding it) problematic. I understand the fact that’s illegal combines with common sense / self-interest as a good reason to not admit to AAS use, but Yogi’s suggestion, for example, means that one would basically be going through their life regularly repeating an outright lie. Maybe I’m getting too philosophical, but that strikes me as an issue.

I’ve been reading through Shadow Pro’s threads and while everything he himself says seems reasonable and on-point, it’s honestly mind-blowing to me some of the guys posting there – guys who have a physique one would think is attainable naturally but are using amounts of drugs close to an IFBB pro. Then they go to the gym and someone asks them and they say they’re natural… it just creates a lot of misinformation in the community. You can’t escape the fact that while we can all talk about “maximizing natural potential first” over and over, AAS will also be seen as an easy shortcut to a lot of people, and used for that purpose by some.
[/quote]

Iwon’t flame you because I agree with you to a certain degree. The problem is with the holier than thou crowd. What constitutes cheating? Creatine, PA if it’s legal is it ok? What about TRT, cheating or leveling the playing field? There is so much grey in a black/white issue it is funny. If I can get scrip for winnie, tren and hgh is it ok? If Bonds get a designer steroid, the clear is it wrong, it was technically legal? How many people used the original MAG-10. It was a pro steroid product. It is all blurred line it is all grey and subjective.

When you say you don’t use, what exactly do you mean? You don’t use anything illegal (oh my this is a slippery slope). Do you use Whey protein and multivitamins? What exactly do you mean by don’t use? Is Using based on US law or world law?

Bottom line is what is natural???, please define. I would finally love to get an answer to this.


#16

[quote]burndaddy0 wrote:

[quote]craze9 wrote:
I may get flamed for this sentiment, but I believe it’s threads like this (i.e. the thinking demonstrated in it) that are the reason the average joe has such a strong negative attitude toward AAS.

That is, that it’s shrouded in evasion and dishonesty at least, outright lies at worst. Combine that with the fact that AAS use isn’t just a small edge, but a very significant advantage (to build muscle and strength), and it creates a lot of resentment and hostility toward people who use. Even in sports where EVERYONE uses and most intelligent people realize this (witness Lance Armstrong as the scapegoat of cycling).

People like me, who don’t use but don’t have a problem with others using, especially competitive athletes, still find the principle (of dishonesty surrounding it) problematic. I understand the fact that’s illegal combines with common sense / self-interest as a good reason to not admit to AAS use, but Yogi’s suggestion, for example, means that one would basically be going through their life regularly repeating an outright lie. Maybe I’m getting too philosophical, but that strikes me as an issue.

I’ve been reading through Shadow Pro’s threads and while everything he himself says seems reasonable and on-point, it’s honestly mind-blowing to me some of the guys posting there – guys who have a physique one would think is attainable naturally but are using amounts of drugs close to an IFBB pro. Then they go to the gym and someone asks them and they say they’re natural… it just creates a lot of misinformation in the community. You can’t escape the fact that while we can all talk about “maximizing natural potential first” over and over, AAS will also be seen as an easy shortcut to a lot of people, and used for that purpose by some.
[/quote]

Iwon’t flame you because I agree with you to a certain degree. The problem is with the holier than thou crowd. What constitutes cheating? Creatine, PA if it’s legal is it ok? What about TRT, cheating or leveling the playing field? There is so much grey in a black/white issue it is funny. If I can get scrip for winnie, tren and hgh is it ok? If Bonds get a designer steroid, the clear is it wrong, it was technically legal? How many people used the original MAG-10. It was a pro steroid product. It is all blurred line it is all grey and subjective.

When you say you don’t use, what exactly do you mean? You don’t use anything illegal (oh my this is a slippery slope). Do you use Whey protein and multivitamins? What exactly do you mean by don’t use? Is Using based on US law or world law?

Bottom line is what is natural???, please define. I would finally love to get an answer to this.
[/quote]

Exactly!


#17

I told my close friends, only because all 3 of them are competitive powerlifters like myself and knew I had been wanting to get on AAS since I was 16.

Other than that I didnt really give a fuck who knew, so I didn’t really try and hide it.


#18

I’m always honest. If someone asks I tell them that I’m on gear. Then again I’m not an athlete or anything.


#19

[quote]nooberific wrote:
I’m always honest. If someone asks I tell them that I’m on gear. Then again I’m not an athlete or anything.[/quote]
This brings up my point. what is the “gear” illegal steroids, what about designer steroids not called out in the latest bill. if you choose to tell them great, the question is how many people go up to 70 year men in florida and ask them if they are using viagra…Social no no, but it is ok to ask someone if they are using steroids, and what if I have a script for them??

According to this logic I should be able to ask every female if she has breast implants. Can I do it sure, does this have to do with honestly.

Ask a cop that pulls you over if he like a butt plug. Honest question right…get my point.


#20

[quote]burndaddy0 wrote:

[quote]nooberific wrote:
I’m always honest. If someone asks I tell them that I’m on gear. Then again I’m not an athlete or anything.[/quote]
This brings up my point. what is the “gear” illegal steroids, what about designer steroids not called out in the latest bill. if you choose to tell them great, the question is how many people go up to 70 year men in florida and ask them if they are using viagra…Social no no, but it is ok to ask someone if they are using steroids, and what if I have a script for them??

According to this logic I should be able to ask every female if she has breast implants. Can I do it sure, does this have to do with honestly.

Ask a cop that pulls you over if he like a butt plug. Honest question right…get my point.[/quote]

LMAO im gonna give that butt plug question a try. Ill talk to you guys after i make bail.