Waxy Maize Opinions?

by Justin Harris

"You have to be careful with wording.
100g of glucose based carbs are going to cause similar insulin production.

Dextrose is single molecules of glucose. WHEN they reach the small intestine, they are taken into the bloodstream rapidly, causing a spike in insulin.

WM is a complex structure of glucose molecules. It is set up like a big “tree,” with plenty of potential points to “cleave” glucose from the parent structure.
WM will not shuttle glucose in one big flash to the bloodstream like dextrose.
This isn’t how it is effective.

WM will bring the glucose to the bloodstream while dextrose is still sitting in the stomach. Because of its structure, it will shuttle glucose to the bloodstream over a more spread-out period than WM.
But, waxy maize has the advantage of STARTING this process earlier.

What you end up with is less of an insulin spike (although total insulin production will be pretty similar for 100g of WM as 100g of Dextrose).

The Dextrose won’t begin this spike until WM has already been shuttling glucose to the bloodstream for some time.

For a simple analogy, picture this:

Two hills are set up.
One hill is called “Dextrose.”
The other hill is called “WM.”

They each have 100 “carb balls” to roll down the hill.

WM starts rolling the balls down the hill almost immediately, but rolls them down 2-5 at a time, one group right after the other.

Dextrose hill has to wait 20min before it can even start rolling the balls, but when it does, it rolls them all at once.

The bottom of the hill is where the insulin release comes from.
There are people on each side that are starving to death. They’re going to get the balls and eat them to stay alive.

WM hill will see balls coming down 2-5 at at time, so it sends out a few groups of people (insulin) in a steady flow to take the balls off the landing zone. Since the balls start reaching the bottom sooner, many people are able to stay alive.

Dextrose hill has to send out a huge group of people to clean up the balls because they all land at the bottom at about the same time.
The only problem is, many of them have already died of starvation by that point.

Not sure if that makes sense, but it can help clear up how things work. "

UP

cause i want ppl to read my last quote

I hate getting down into the deep dark science and studies. I’ll just stick with the tried and true malto and dex.

I personally use it because it is a tasteless way to add carbs that don’t seem to fill me.