Waxy Maize and Gas

Hey all,

I’ve noticed a ‘problem’ I’ve been having; and through the scientific method have established that Waxy Maize gives me some amazing gas. Some days it’s uncomfortable, other days it just makes for some spectacular flatulences.

Has any one else had this problem? I call it a problem because the days that it causes uncomfortable gas pressure, it is not fun at all. I have not noticed any other problems with it.

Concerning other PWO and heavy molecular weight carbs, I have also noticed that Malto and Dextro cause quite the bloat in my stomach, also uncomfortable.

So again, any have this same problem? If so, what have you done to remedy it? I was thinking of trying Swedish oat starch or brown rice starch mixed with whey. Has any one tried these options?

Thanks in advance.

Malto and WMS are both derived from corn products, perhaps you have some sort of allergy to them.

WMS shouldn’t give you bloating or gas at all, give the SOS a try as it should accomplish the same thing as WMS but using a different carb source obviously.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Malto and WMS are both derived from corn products, perhaps you have some sort of allergy to them.

WMS shouldn’t give you bloating or gas at all, give the SOS a try as it should accomplish the same thing as WMS but using a different carb source obviously. [/quote]

Thanks for the info, I am going to finish up my waxy, as I have it, and i don’t waste stuff… but my next order I will give the Oat Start a try, I’ve never had any adverse reaction to oats. Thanks again!

I hav problems with bloating an tryina take in too many cals etc etc etc,waxy maize has been awesome for me… Never tried oats though.