Waximaize vs. Other Carb Sources

Anyone familiar with vitargo? I tried it out a couple of times at $50 a pop and I didn’t feel the effects that it boasted about on the label. There wasn’t any other super carb supplement out there at the time so I bought Waximaize (supposedly a high molecular weight carb like vitargo) at $27 for a 5lb container. It had the consistency of cornstarch while vitargo was very granular (like natural cane sugar). I’m starting to think that the product is bogus. Any input?

Also, a lot of people I know swear by vitargo and said it was far superior to plain maltodextrin + creatine type post workout supps.

And yes, nutrition and water intake was perfect while taking vitargo.

I use orginal vitargo , sweden vitargo , original vitargo is barley starch.

any specific brands of wazimaize that any one suggests?

Waxy maize is grade A stuff.

Scott M, do you use Waxy Maize the same as you would a malto+dex blend? PWO with whey hyrdo?

or another way?

[quote]PozzSka wrote:
Scott M, do you use Waxy Maize the same as you would a malto+dex blend? PWO with whey hyrdo?

or another way?[/quote]

Currently because I’m fairly low carbs I use it similar to a standard PWO drink. On my weak bodypart days(biceps and back day) I take 1 scoop WMS with 5 grams BCAA and 5 grams creatine at the gym and then immediately after training 2 scoops WMS 10 grams BCAA and 5 grams creatine. A few minutes later I hit up my protein. Other days I just do the post workout method. There is some evidence to show that adding to much extra(protein, aminos, creatine) will slow down the absorption rate of the WMS so I only add the essentials. There are MANY more versatile uses for waxy maize, adding it to meals to jack up calories for ectomorphs and people on a clean “refeed” type day, people use it as a carbup of choice for filling out for bodybuilding contests. Search around on other sites for information posted by Justin Harris/troponin about high molecular weight carbohydrates and you’ll find some interesting information.

never heard of it

[quote]808fightconcepts wrote:
Anyone familiar with vitargo? I tried it out a couple of times at $50 a pop and I didn’t feel the effects that it boasted about on the label. There wasn’t any other super carb supplement out there at the time so I bought Waximaize (supposedly a high molecular weight carb like vitargo) at $27 for a 5lb container. It had the consistency of cornstarch while vitargo was very granular (like natural cane sugar). I’m starting to think that the product is bogus. Any input?
[/quote]

I had the same experience. I think this stuff is a dud and is only promoted by those who sell it.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
I think this stuff is a dud and is only promoted by those who sell it. [/quote]

Are we talking about vitagro or waxy maize? If vitagro then maybe, they’ve changed their formula from a corn(which waxy maize is derived from) to a barley startch as far as I know and many want the original back. If you think WMS is a dud you better get up to speed with what some of the more advanced bodybuilders are using for PWO carbs.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
If you think WMS is a dud you better get up to speed with what some of the more advanced bodybuilders are using for PWO carbs. [/quote]

I actually work with a few fairly advanced BBs, and they never fell for this stuff in the first place, but thanks for the suggestion.