T Nation

Watson v. Paddock: Quality Difference?

Pharmacy switched my T from Watson to Paddock (injectable 200mg) a couple weeks ago. Since changing, I've noted some rather dramatic differences in my response to the drug -- namely, energy, libido, muscle recovery, all diminished -- pretty much what I'd expect if I were injecting tap water.

I'm interested to know whether anyone else has experienced the same. Any opinions out there regarding potential quality differences across generics?

Tried to find what the base stock was for T at Watson. Can be soy or yam. Some have not reacted well to soy as they have a sensitivity to that. Watson' contains T and BA, does Paddock contain other preservatives.

Phone your pharmacist and discuss availability of Watson's

Thanks, KSman. I hadn't considered this.

Will do. Availability has been an ongoing issue for this pharmacy (and apparently others) in recent months. Hoping to get back to the Watson to obviate questions of quality.

Paddock is a good company. You shouldn't have noticed any difference. I have been using Watson without any problems. The package insert from Watson states, "Each ml contains: Testosterone Cypionate 200mg, Benzyl Benzoate 20%, with Benzyl Alcohol 0.9% as preservative in Cottonseed Oil."

The Paddock package insert states, "Each mL of the solution contains Testosterone Cypionate, 200 mg; Benzyl Benzoate, 0.2 mL; Cottonseed Oil, 560 mg; Benzyl Alcohol (as preservative), 9.45 mg." The Paddock brand has an extra 0.45 mg of Benzyl Alcohol per ml. Shouldn't be enough to make a big difference.

I went from Paddock to Watson and experienced the same exact thing, "...dramatic differences in my response to the drug -- namely, energy, libido, muscle recovery, all diminished".

I spoke with my doctor about and he said people matabalize the drug differently. So I'm going back to Paddock. I'll let you know if it's in my head, or if there really was a difference.

Ive used both no difference at all for me

Pharmacy switched me from Watson (because they said it was no longer available) to Pfizer. Since then my last total was 343 so not sure if it was the brand switch or not but on 100mg a week I thought it would be higher. I've been on TRT for 5 years.