Wating to Lose 10 lbs, Can't Get to Gym

I’ve been working out for the last couple of years at home and have successfully lost about 50 lbs. Still have about 10 more to go to be satisfied…for now. I started out doing a couple of Tony Horton’s programs but now I’m stuck! Not loosing any weight…so I started lifting dumbbells to tone at home.

I’ve had the opportunity to go to the gym for the past week (kids visiting Grandma) and LOVE it. Really wish I could go all the time but can’t. I guess I need some ideas on how I can make my apartment into a gym. (w/o spending a fortune) All I have as of right now are 40lb dumbbells. Also any suggestions as to what I can do at home to get the results I want (both weight loss & strength) would be great!

Check out fitnessblender on YouTube for great at home workouts. All the videos are free and they sell workout programs for 15 bucks. I lost 20lbs doing their fb30 program. Also check out powerblocks, I have yet to get a pair but I’m told they are great space savers

Kettlebells. They can be stored under a bed, brought out and used in a tiny little patch of space, and returned to their starting place at the end. They will cost a little money up front but they’re an indestructible piece that you’ll have forever. You also can get a heck of a workout in a short amount of time (some examples provided below).

I would probably start with a 25 pounder and a 35 pounder (my fiancee started out with a 25, but quickly surpassed that and now does most of her work with a 35 and a 45 pound KB). You may eventually need a heavier weight, but that should get you started.

What to do with your kettlebells, you ask? Swings, goblet squats, and get-ups would be a good start. Here are some great articles from this site on the respective movements:

You can take your 40 lb DBs for a walk. Farmer’s carries are great.

Also, someone mentioned fitnessblender.

You could also look into some of the free workout apps for coming up with some quick BW circuits at home.