Waterbury's 10/10 Log

hey fellas. really interested in this too. i like the idea of periodising the diet into smaller bulk and cut durations. im thinking of starting the same kind of protocol but more biased toward the gaining phases e.g. 4 week surplus, 2 week deficit. i’ll be looking in on this thread with interest. keep up the good work teencraft

OK just got it an read the first phase over.

I am unsure about starting it next monday or waiting a bit since I am still on CT’s fat destroyer.

I am going to follow it exactly. I love sure but it does not call for it so I will save it for when I finish up the 12 weeks.

I will aslo get the listed sups.

I will stop stealing your thread and make a blog of my results, with out giveing too much of 10/10 details haha

Sorry one more thing

GNC is the only thing around here and they do not have the listed supps. Any suggestons on where to find them?

thanks

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Sorry one more thing

GNC is the only thing around here and they do not have the listed supps. Any suggestons on where to find them?

thanks
[/quote]

https://www.T-Nation.com/onlineStore.jsp

T-Nation dosent sell all of the listed supps for 10/10

DF85,

Waterbury suggests buying the supps at a whole food store. have you checked there?

Today was a better day diet-wise. When I am super busy, I have no time to worry about what I want to eat, I just grab what fits with my diet program, eat it, then get back to work. Not much to report on. Been noticing face getting a bit thinner, jaw is getting more cut. I will post week one pictures on Thursday so you all can check out my progress so far.

evening teencraft, day seemed to go well? have you trained today?

how long does your initial fat loss phase last, 2 weeks? then 2 weeks gaining phase?

what does anyone think of the idea of 4 week mass gain with 2 week fat loss and repeat?

you’ve got mail by the way

3 weeks loss phase, 3 weeks gain phase. I am really getting sick of this cut-phase! I need to be done with it! I am happy with the results, but the damn nutrition is wearin on me!

Today’s workout was…interesting. I haven’t done high-reps for awhile…almost a year. I forgot how heavy two-25 lb dumbbells can get…I’m definitely going to be sore tomorrow.

I have noticed more muscle being put on as well…the scale has been going up. need to weigh myself tomorrow on an empty stomach. The creatine is definitely to blame with some of the gain.

Ad B, I got your PM. the answer is no.

Stick with it; it’s barely been a week!

I’ve started the diet today, though I can’t get to the gym as often as I’d like to this month.

The diet looks easier than what I have been doing for the last few months. Cutting definently blows. I have a long way toget bofre I can start a clean bulk. I am hoping the results from 10/10 will speed thins up alot.

For the people on 10/10 now-

1. Are you using the supp’s CW suggested?
  2. Are you also using HOT-ROX?
  3. If I dont use the listed supps will my resuls suffer? I think it would be better to use my money on the right food but if these supps are must haves than I will order them.

I think the hypertrophy phase diets sucks. It’s absolutely imposible to get all the necessary calories that should provide the carbs from veggies and fruits as main sources. You need eat 20 trees to get 200-300 g of carbs from veggies!!.

[quote]Spanish Barbell wrote:
It’s absolutely imposible to get all the necessary calories that should provide the carbs from veggies and fruits as main sources. You need eat 20 trees to get 200-300 g of carbs from veggies!!.[/quote]

One large banana has about 30 grams of carbohydrate, 25 if we discount for fiber. Six bananas a day is 150 grams of carbs. Three 1-cup servings of peas is 45 grams of non-fiber carbs. Throw in a handful of nuts and presto you hit 200 grams of carbs.

Granted, that’s a lot of bananas, but certainly not impossible.

[quote]Spanish Barbell wrote:
I think the hypertrophy phase diets sucks. It’s absolutely imposible to get all the necessary calories that should provide the carbs from veggies and fruits as main sources. You need eat 20 trees to get 200-300 g of carbs from veggies!!.[/quote]

Are you following the 10/10 program? Well then just shoot for the portions described, not numbers of calories…

[quote]rsg wrote:
Stick with it; it’s barely been a week!

I’ve started the diet today, though I can’t get to the gym as often as I’d like to this month.[/quote]

Haha, I know! but cutting sucks!!! I’m getting more and more used to the diet though, but the gym i feel like I have no energy.

[quote]DF85 wrote:

For the people on 10/10 now-

1. Are you using the supp’s CW suggested?
  2. Are you also using HOT-ROX?
  3. If I dont use the listed supps will my resuls suffer? I think it would be better to use my money on the right food but if these supps are must haves than I will order them.

[/quote]

1. Not all of them.
  2. No
  3. It’s definitely way better to get quality food than quality supplements. just get the FO and you should be fine.

Today was pretty good. Nothing really to report on. I didn’t have to work out today (which is nice, a little break) and tonight is my cheat meal. . . woo-hoo!! I will post up first-week progress pics tomorrow, lets just hope I dont bloat too much from the cheat meal! Also, the creatine is really weighin’ on me. I’m up almost to 210…ouch!!

Not to be a dick, teencraft, but there’s no need for daily or weekly progress reports. Weighing yourself every day isn’t going to give you an accurate picture of what’s going on because your weight is going to bounce around each day independent of your body composition. You might lose a pound of fat and be retaining an extra two pounds of water, so the scale isn’t telling you anything helpful there.

The same is approximately true of pictures, etc. You’ve been cutting for seven days - you’re not going to get inspiring results in that time, and the “bloat” from an ill-timed cheat meal isn’t something you want to capture on film.

It’s four phases in a twelve week program. Checking your weight and snapping pics every three weeks at the end of a phase is often enough to gauge your progress, unless you’ve got a reason for documenting it more often than that.

If you are going to post weekly pics, at least remember to hold a shoe…

Cool dude. Thanks for the input. Feel free to leave at any time.

Speaking of cheat meals what is too much? up until last week my cheat meals have been chicken with skin. however I found myself “snacking” here and there. I think having two cheat meals a week will do away with the desire to snack, which I gave up anyway.

What is a decent cheat meal? I was thinking of sandwich on wheat since the 10/10 dosent reccomend food like that and its not too bad.

[quote]teencraft wrote:
Cool dude. Thanks for the input. Feel free to leave at any time.[/quote]

vermillion does have a point, you may get discouraged by monitoring your results daily/weekly - end of every phase is probably a much more satisfying way to do it.

Either way, it’s your log, but just don’t get put off by your daily results if they fluctuate a lot.

I AGREE

I am on Day 2…just did my cardio session. I have subsituted the given PWO meal for Surge since the macros are about the same and I bought a shitload of Surge a few weeks ago.

I’ll be posting intermittently with updated results.