waterbury x4

can anyone help me find the article that CW wrote where he recommended training bodyparts 4x per week? i cant find it for the life of me.

he didnt write the article yet, he just posted something about it in banding iron a few issues ago.

He wrote the parameters on his guest forum. I tried it for the recommened two week cycle while using MAG 10 as he suggested.

He said do four exercises per workout. One quad dominant, one hip dominant, one push, one pull and change the exercises every workout.

He said each one of the four days would have a different goal.

The strength day would have you do five sets of three reps with a load you could max out at five reps.

On the endurance day do 2 sets of 25 reps with a 28 rep load.
On the hypertrophy day 3 sets of 6 reps with an 8 rep load.

On the explosive day do 8 sets of 3 reps with a 15 rep load.

He said that abs and calfs could be done as needed but not required because of the frequency and volume of working the whole body four times a week.

Other than going thru the entire rep sequencing each week instead of in 2 week blocks, it is similar to HST although HST does normally address an endurance workout. After I finish this HST cycle, I think I will try it.

Do you switch the exercises weekly so you do the same exercise through all rep ranges? Or do you change exercises every workout and cycle them so you eventually hit every movement with every rep range? I can’t wait to try this!