T Nation

Waterbury Walk?

Hi, I’ve got no idea how to do the Waterbury walk. Anybody?

thanks

just deadlift the bar and walk with it

Thanks. for how long do I walk?

From CW’s Outlaw Strength and Conditioning program:

Waterbury Walk

Load a bar with approximately 65% of your raw deadlift 1RM. (Raw means using no belts, suits, straps, or wraps.) Place the bar on the floor directly in front of the power rack about two full steps away from the hooks. Assume a shoulder-width stance with your grip outside of your legs. Use a symmetrical pronated grip (palms facing you), not the mixed powerlifter’s grip.

Deadlift the weight up and once you reach lockout, take two steps forward, reset your stance, and lower the bar onto the hooks. As soon as you release muscular tension, re-lift the load, take two steps backward, stop, reset your stance, and lower to the ground. That’s the first rep. Without resting, repeat for the prescribed number of reps. If you don’t have access to a power rack you can set the bar on a bench.

i dunno. look up for his article The new big three or something like that… everything you need to know is written there

Does NO-ONE use the search function anymore?!?!?!

[quote]Clown Face wrote:
Does NO-ONE use the search function anymore?!?!?![/quote]

You just joined a few months ago. Please don’t hearken back to the good old days when people used the search function. You’re like a Republican who wants to bring us back to the mystical status-quo of yester-year that never existed.

If you want to do the Waterbury Walk, then do this:

1. Open your training log
  2. Scratch Through the line where you put “Waterbury Walk.” Just cross that sucker out. use white out if you want.
  3. Write in a new exercise: Good-Morning, 45’ Back Raise, Platform Deadlift, Shrug, Dumbbell Row, Suitcase Deadlift, Hanging Leg Raise, Glute-Ham Raise, whatever. Just pick a new fucking exercise. An exercise that you have a REASON for doing.

And here’s a clue, if you ever read any instruction that says “If you don’t have a squat rack then you can do this…” then fucking forget following that program. It should be a GIVEN that you’ll be working out at a gym with a squat rack - the most basic piece of equipment besides the barbell and weights.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
It should be a GIVEN that you’ll be working out at a gym with a squat rack - the most basic piece of equipment besides the barbell and weights.[/quote]

mua

[quote]JuicyLucy wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
It should be a GIVEN that you’ll be working out at a gym with a squat rack - the most basic piece of equipment besides the barbell and weights.

mua
[/quote]

What’s mua mean?

JuicyLucy wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
It should be a GIVEN that you’ll be working out at a gym with a squat rack - the most basic piece of equipment besides the barbell and weights.

mua

What’s mua mean?[/quote]

I think she just kissed you.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
JuicyLucy wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

mua

What’s mua mean?

I think she just kissed you.[/quote]

I could have sworn that was

;*

pushmepullme wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
JuicyLucy wrote:
FightingScott wrote:

mua

What’s mua mean?

I think she just kissed you.

I could have sworn that was

;*[/quote]

How many kilos is Arnold lifting in your avatar?

Tropecientos kilos!!

:wink:

[quote]JPuxHenri wrote:
Tropecientos kilos!!

;)[/quote]

Gracias. De donde eres?

De Barcelona. Y tu? Buenos saques!!

[quote]JPuxHenri wrote:
De Barcelona. Y tu? Buenos saques!![/quote]

El saque es viejo. Ahora lo hago mucho mejor ;))

Yo soy de Arbucies (Girona) yendo a Sant Celoni. Donde entrenas?

Ui, en el garage de mi casa. Entreno mucho mejor ahi ke en los gimnasios ke tengo cerca, y los he probado todos xD.

O potser tindria ke parlar en català?

Per cert, a la foto d’en senyor Arnold, els discos son de mentida eh?