Waterbury Summer Project Advice

Okay here it goes I am 36 years old 5’8" 187 pounds. I was 212 when my daughter was bord 5 years ago, I manage to eat better and start exercising more and go down to about 190. Joined a gym about 1 year ago in February and started working out reguraly.

I play hockey once a week, and have tried numerouse workouts in that time period. Mostly a combination of HITT cardio, Weights have to admit until recently was mostly upper body, Bench Press, Pull Downs, Push ups, Shoulder press flys, etc. Manage to get to a low of 179 in august but than gain back weight primarily due to a hectic work schedule(14 hour days) that kept me from reguraly getting to the gym Found this site about a month ago and have been trying to read as much as possible.

I decide to start the Waterbury summer program. The first week killed, than I missed a couple days the following week. So I started last week and I am on the second week now. With working the hours I do, and being married with two kids it is tough to get to the gym 6 days a week although my wife is very supportive. I have to say I miss the Flat barbell bench press the last few weeks.

My main goal is to lose body fat escpecially this gut I have developed will building muscle and definition.

So after all of that my question is this, is this a good program to be on? Should I try one of the others? Should I try to customize one myself? Any advice will be appreciatied.

[quote]sdugan wrote:
Okay here it goes I am 36 years old 5’8" 187 pounds. I was 212 when my daughter was bord 5 years ago, I manage to eat better and start exercising more and go down to about 190. Joined a gym about 1 year ago in February and started working out reguraly.

I play hockey once a week, and have tried numerouse workouts in that time period. Mostly a combination of HITT cardio, Weights have to admit until recently was mostly upper body, Bench Press, Pull Downs, Push ups, Shoulder press flys, etc. Manage to get to a low of 179 in august but than gain back weight primarily due to a hectic work schedule(14 hour days) that kept me from reguraly getting to the gym Found this site about a month ago and have been trying to read as much as possible.

I decide to start the Waterbury summer program. The first week killed, than I missed a couple days the following week. So I started last week and I am on the second week now. With working the hours I do, and being married with two kids it is tough to get to the gym 6 days a week although my wife is very supportive. I have to say I miss the Flat barbell bench press the last few weeks.

My main goal is to lose body fat escpecially this gut I have developed will building muscle and definition.

So after all of that my question is this, is this a good program to be on? Should I try one of the others? Should I try to customize one myself? Any advice will be appreciatied.[/quote]

I enjoyed the WSP and saw relatively good results, but unless your nutritional habits are strong, you’re going to be hard-pressed to drop some fat regardless of the training program.

When I didn’t have a ton of time to get to the gym I did Waterbury’s 10x3 for fat loss and had tremendous results. Check it out.

Good luck!