Waterbury SOB Program

I was curious if anyone has tried the Chad Waterbury SOB program? I saved the article a while back and now I can’t even find it on the site. It appears to mainly involve 10x3 on a particular body part each workout and 4x6 for the remainder. I’m looking to get out of my stagnant 3x8. I’m currently using Massive Eating and trying to make gains while minimizing fat. The SOB program makes sense just wondering if anyone has feedback?

I was also wondering on the type of exercises. He doesn’t list specific exercises only categories. Such as Upper Body Pushing (Vertical Plane): Would the peck deck be acceptable for this? Anything but sitting in a girlie push press machine. Another one I’m confused about is the Lower Body (Hip Dominant): I’m assuming this would primarily be straight leg deadlifts then?

Any tips are welcome, Thanks

[quote]Farmer_jay wrote:
I was curious if anyone has tried the Chad Waterbury SOB program? I saved the article a while back and now I can’t even find it on the site. It appears to mainly involve 10x3 on a particular body part each workout and 4x6 for the remainder. I’m looking to get out of my stagnant 3x8. I’m currently using Massive Eating and trying to make gains while minimizing fat. The SOB program makes sense just wondering if anyone has feedback?

I was also wondering on the type of exercises. He doesn’t list specific exercises only categories. Such as Upper Body Pushing (Vertical Plane): Would the peck deck be acceptable for this? Anything but sitting in a girlie push press machine. Another one I’m confused about is the Lower Body (Hip Dominant): I’m assuming this would primarily be straight leg deadlifts then?

Any tips are welcome, Thanks[/quote]

I think you’re confusing a couple different programs of mine. The SOB program consists of huge variances in set/rep schemes; whereas the Waterbury Method consists of 10x3 and 4x6.

Also, the pec deck is not a recommended exercise. Stick to compound movements.

I am finishing the last week of the workout program that was outlined in the article. I have really enjoyed it (in a sadistic kind of way). I thought going into to the program that the higher rep days would make the program too easy, alas I was mistaken. The 10x3 days are brutal. I have made some good strength gains and would have gained even more if diet was better and stress levels lower over the last month. I highly reccomend this program.

With regards to exercises:

Vertical Push: DB shoulder press
High incline DB press
Push press

Horizontal Push: Bench Press
Dips
Push ups (high rep day)

Vertical pull Pull ups
Chin ups
Lat Pulldowns

Horizontal pull DB rows
vertical machine row
Bent over Row

Hip dominant: good mornings
RDLs
Powerlifting style squat

Quad dominant: BB hack squat
front squat
leg press

these are some of the exercises I used during this workout program

Thanks for the input. My main goal is to increase lean body mass. That’s cool that you had some strength gains but how about mass gains? I was considering the Growth Surge project, someone also recommended the Quatro Dynamo.

I’m currently using Massive Eating but I’m hitting a plateau. And need something to bust out of this. I’d like to gain at least another 7-8 pounds and then cut a few pounds of fat.

Kind of off subject but I really haven’t been able to figure out how to prevent stagnant growth while on the massive eating program, I’ve been on it for a couple of months and made decent gains but I’ve definitely hit a wall. I think my body has adjusted. I’ve already increased the calories likewise as according to the the Massive Eating calories but I’m still not gaining anymore. Any suggestions? Maybe eating normal food combinations for a couple of weeks at a slightly lower calorie level? Then restart Massive Eating?