Waterbury PT 9/26 & 9/28

[quote]JohnGalt wrote:
Hi Chad,

I have been thinking about trying out Power Drive; I’ve heard you recommend it a few times. Im a little confused exactly about what it would do if it is not a stimulant.

I’m winding up to give ABBH 2 a go. I’ve made some strength gains on TTT but it got interrupted by a nasty flu. I’m loving the front squats though, up from 135 to 160lbs. [/quote]

Powerdrive helps restore/maintain adequate neurotransmitter levels that are necessary for high force production. If you want a stimulant boost, Spike is incredible.

Excellent results!

Chad there’s been a lot of information put out lately about the benefits of higher frequencey training especially when trying to bring up a lagging bodypart. My problem is I want to use it to bring up my upper pecs but I have only seen routines working the whole chest in general. Would I just rotate different incline movements? Also the more incline movements I’ve been doing the worse the imbalance seems to be getting. It seems like my front delts and lower pecs are growing even more than before and my upper pecs are actually shrinking and not even getting pumped. Is it a problem of innervation and tight internal rotators? I’m also very week on incline and overhead pressing.

Bump for Chad.

hi, right now im rehabing from a sport hernia surgery. but shortly i will be in the full swing of things. i’m a discus thrower at a university and am looking forward to the upcoming season. i was wondering what exersises, sets and reps are best for such an explosive event? i hear so much different stuff. also, what are some good recovery methods to use with such anarobic centered workouts? thanks so much!

Chad,

I am currently finishing up TBT training, and I have loved it. I asked you before how I could incorporate O lifts, and you said to wait until I was done wtih TBT and try your SFM program. I was looking at your WM program and it was reallying appealing, I love doing 10x3 and 4x6. The only reason I chose not to go with the WM is because I wanted to add a 10x3 deadlift day. I have tried to devise my own program and was wondering what you think of it.

Day 1:
BB Back Squats 10x3
Dips 4x6
Neutral Grip Pull Ups 4x6

Day 2:
5 minutes of jumping rope
OR
10-15 of ERG rowing
100 pushups (100 reps to bigger muscle guidelines)

Day 3:
Flat BB Bench Press 10x3
Power Clean and Press 4x6
Yates Row 4x6

Day 4:
OR
10-15 of ERG rowing

Day 5:
BB Deadlift 10x3
Push Press 4x6
Decline BB Press 4x6

Day 6:
OR
10-15 of ERG rowing

Day 7:
Chin Up 10x3
Incline BB Press 4x6
Power Snatch 4x6

Day 8:
OR
10-15 of ERG rowing

Day 9:
REST

Day 10:
Repeate Days 1-9

Each new 9 day cycle, I would try to increase the weight by 2.5%. I also plan on incorporating your principles on lifting as fast as possible. Any comments or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Chad,

Firstly thanks for all of the articles/posts - your programs and philosophies have revolutionised my training.

Now for my questions: I rarely hear you mention accumulation and intensification (and their rotation) and I was wondering:

(a) what your thoughts are on planning training in that way (e.g. rotating 3 weeks of each)?;

(b) do your programs (in general) follow this type of planning and if not what do you find more effective?; and

(c) how would you go about planning a sample template (whether accumulation/intensification or other) in terms of intensity volume, frequency etc for each phase?

Many Thanks

W-O-I

CW,

I just read Alwyn Cosgrove’s article and he said if you can’t do one-leg squats, you shouldn’t be doing Barbell Squats. Now, I suck at pistols, but I can squat 500lbs. Is there a program you can recommend for a guy like me, so that I can improve my one-leg squat performance and still overload my thighs?