Waterbury PT 8/10

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Chad:

Say if I put myself in a prime state (e.g. 6-8% bodyfat) that I was happy at where I looked and felt great. Also say that I didn’t want to fall into the typical bodybuilding conundrum of gaining a lot of weight to only lose it again. How would you approach the situation?

Here is my plan so far:

2 weeks of VD to get where I want to be in terms of bodyfat and waist measurement. Afterwards I’m starting a Massive Eating Style regimen at a bit under what I need (3200kcals) when my metabolic rate is generally around 3500 or so. Then each week I’m going to up it 100kcals and see where I go. Anything you would suggest?

I’m generally going to stick with your workouts; I think I just might throw Shoulders Overhaul in there for a few weeks. Also I’m goign to increase my low intensity cardio (maybe start walking to school instead of biking or start hiking here and there) and possibly do intervals a few times a week.

[/quote]

As long as you’re training hard during the Massive Eating phase, you should be fine. Your plan sounds sufficient.

For you, I recommend my Art of Waterbury program during your next bulking phase. I bet you’ll blow up on it.

[quote]Owen70 wrote:
hey,

chad, i would like your thoughts on this program for someone who has a strong strength base(at least in relation to his plyometric ability)
[i]---------monday(day 1)-------------
-depth jump off of 18 inch box then hit ground up onto 12 inch box as fast and quietly as possible, (is that how to perform them? )

-ATG squat %85 3x3

-RDL 3x5(could i maybe do gm’s here, but just use a belt on them and only go down to ~45 degrees?)

tuesday until thursday just cardio under 60% with maybe 1-2 games of hard b-ball that lasts up to 10 minutes each???is that alright? sorry man laugh.gif

----------thursday---------------------
-Depth jump - 6-8 x 3

-Deadlift - 3 x 3 @ 80-85%

-bulgarian split squat or lunge - 2 x 5 per leg [/i]

with the goal to increase VJ?
keep writing kickass articles man.
[/quote]

If you’re training for a huge VJ, I suggest you omit one of your plyo sessions for 40M sprints. Perform 6-8 of them before hitting deads. Sprints are great for VJ increases.

No question.

I’m doing your WM and GPP ASAP. My chest is now bigger than my waist. It’s been a loooong time (probably forever if truth be known).

Thanks for the free, excellent workout programs to you and your fellow T-Nation colleagues!

WiZ

[quote]trailer36 wrote:
Chad,
no question here, just some serious praise. i recently modified your TTT for a cutting diet i am doing (only thing i changed was the third day i use 4 powerlifting movements at 3x3). needless to say, my strength has improved week to week WHILE i have lost about 2% bf. i am no beginner either as i have had 9 yrs of training under my belt. thanks again Chad, your programs have yet to let me down!![/quote]

Awesome! Thanks!

[quote]JNeves wrote:
I’m planning a cycle to bring up my squat… I train 3 days a week and will be doing 2 lower body workouts with 1 upper, and a second upper every other week as thats all time allows.

what would you consider the minimum volume/intensity to maintain my bench strength?[/quote]

With only one upper body session/week, I’d suggest 8x3 for your goal.

I’ll try AofW I think then. Oh Chad; how do 3 plate (45lbs) dips for 3x3 sound now :slight_smile: at a bodyweight of around 195 or so

Hey CW! Have you finished that periodization article yet? Any news on the book’s release date? Thanks!

CW

Which of your program would you recommend for a raw beginner who is primarily interested in training to be an explosive & powerful athlete much like CT’s renaissance man article.

Thks in advance

[quote]Chad Waterbury wrote:
JNeves wrote:
I’m planning a cycle to bring up my squat… I train 3 days a week and will be doing 2 lower body workouts with 1 upper, and a second upper every other week as thats all time allows.

what would you consider the minimum volume/intensity to maintain my bench strength?

With only one upper body session/week, I’d suggest 8x3 for your goal. [/quote]

This is a little late but maybe you will check this thread later…

Only one upper a week as I work a physicly demanding job and doing full body training while trying to focus on bringing up a specific lift (squat) dropped my bench a decent amount over a short period of time.

I’ve had great success bringing up my bench hitting upper body twice a week, and was able to maintain my squat with hitting it once a week.

Hey Chad

Your programs are killer, but I look forward to deadlift sessions. You seem to like good mornings alot. IS there a program coming with deads in it?

Chad

As well I am loving the varied progression in the recent program. It makes the sessions different, and takes some of the monotany out of some lifts.