Waterbury Method vs. Maximal Size?

Looking for opinions on the Waterbury Method Vs. Traning for Maximal Size.

Think I will try one of these before I go to a westside/strength routine.

Im still seeing gains with Bill Starr’s 5X5 intermediate so I am going to stick with for a while.

Experiment with each for couple months and see if your gains are different with either method.

What can i replace GHS or leg presses with?

I will be doing this in my basement, limited to a adj. bench, power rack, 350 oly. pounds, roman chair, and dip tower.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
[/quote]

Did you mean glute ham raise?

Perhaps hack squats?

Never done maximal size, but I’ve tried WM twice now and gotten noticeably bigger and stronger both times.

The Waterbury Methoed only has partial deads, Can i add full deadlifts in ther somehow?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
DF85 wrote:

Did you mean glute ham raise?

Perhaps hack squats?[/quote]

Try finding a place where you can anchor your feet and do a natural glute-ham raise. I use a situp bench and just anchor my feet under the knee pads (they are adjustable on my bench). Works fairly well.

You can also weigh down a bar and put your feet under the bar. Just be sure to use a towel or it will hurt a bit.

I might start Waterbury Method on monday, I am on night shift for the next 4 weeks so it will work out.

Any other suggestions/opinions

B1/B2 are also super sets right?

Anyone?

Maximal size has more to do with diet than the exact training methodology used.

Eat enough and you’ll put on muscle using Waterbury’s methods (holy crap, did I just give a Waterbury endorsement).

Good luck.

I try to eat 4-6 times a day, all good food except for the cookies i just ate

I have a dumb question, If you are always eating, when is the best time to take something that is reccomend to take on an empty stomach? Is is ok to take when I wake up than maybe 15-20 mins later eat breakfest?

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I try to eat 4-6 times a day, all good food except for the cookies i just ate

I have a dumb question, If you are always eating, when is the best time to take something that is reccomend to take on an empty stomach? Is is ok to take when I wake up than maybe 15-20 mins later eat breakfest? [/quote]

If you refering to doctor prescribed medicine then do as directed. As far as OTC supplements go, don’t worry about doing things perfectly, you’ll be better off in the long run eating more food than worrying about what the label on a bottle of sups says to do.

What is maximal size?

Today was day three amd it killed me, I am still a bit sore from monday, I know the problem is my sleep.

This was the first week of night shift (8 weeks day shift, 4 weeks night)

My sleep schedule will be back to normal by next week.

My question is should I stick wiht the Waterbury methoed? I want to finish it, but should i be this sore, I was never this sore when i was doing bill stars intermediate 5x5.

Should i do this week over again sarting next week instead of going to 82.5% of my 1 rep max next week?

ADVISE???

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Today was day three amd it killed me, I am still a bit sore from monday, I know the problem is my sleep.

This was the first week of night shift (8 weeks day shift, 4 weeks night)

My sleep schedule will be back to normal by next week.

My question is should I stick wiht the Waterbury methoed? I want to finish it, but should i be this sore, I was never this sore when i was doing bill stars intermediate 5x5.

Should i do this week over again sarting next week instead of going to 82.5% of my 1 rep max next week?

ADVISE???

[/quote]
I don’t know your experience level, but if your too sore you may want to star with the ABBH programs. They are pretty good and help you get into the routine so that you are more prepared. (I have provided the links below)

I just started WM and don’t think I could handle the volume if I hadn’t done these first and since he usually recommends them, can’t doubt the man.

There are also a couple others he has that would be more for beginners, but like I said I don’t know your fitness level. I’m no expert so you may want some more insight.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=244anti2

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=307hyper2

I’ve done the WM a few times with killer results. Having said that, I modified pretty much everything. My first week I used my 8-9 rm for the 10x3 [which is NOT 80% of my 1rm] and used a weight I was comfortable with for the 4x6.

I also subbed alot of the sup moves. For example, on bench day I’d use high pulls instead of upright rows, and rack pulls instead of db deads.I obviously went heavier as the weeks went on, but I doubt my training #'s were anywhere near the %'s he reccommended.

I’ve done the program twice now and gotten bigger and stronger both times. So far, it’s the only T-Nation program I’ve tried, liked and stuck with.

Never done the WM, but have used several of Joel’s programs at diff. times. There’s one out there, if you can find it (it got deleted from my comp in a crash and I can’t anymore) called the Size Sequence.

It’s very close to T4MS, but way better, as it mixes the days in the week up like Waterbury’s programs do. Used it, and fucking loved it. Just don’t have it and can’t find it right now. This is a direct call out to Joel Marion, you EAS winning JERK! Hehehe, j/k bro, but would love someone to repost this program if they have it, as it’s one of the better programs I’ve ever used.

Kubo

Ive been lifting on and off for a couple years now, got serious in october. Bench, dead and squat went up 80 lbs, 130, and 120 since oct, body weight when from 155 to 180, without ganing much fat.

I am limited to what I have in my basement so theres a lot of these routines I can not do.

I am going to look in to ABBH.

I am going to try ABBH 2 and than switch to the Waterbury methoed.

Should I take one week off and start ABBH 2 on monday ( I am on day 4 of the WM and feel it is too much volume for working 12 hrs a day and getting sleep)

Quick question before It says to switch to a strength routine after abbh2, would it be ok to take a week off than do Waterbury methoed?