T Nation

Waterbury Method Question

Im currently finished the 4th week of the “Waterbury Method” which is an awesome workout. I enjoyed every workout and the results I got from it.

But a question:

How much longer can I continue doing the Waterbury Method? I think Chad said you can continued it as long as you wanted but I’m not sure.
Chad could you help me out on this one?
I would really like to keep preforming these workouts.
Also should i add some type of low volume/rest week after the 4th week before starting either a new workout from chad or a continuation of this one?
Serd

I feel ya. I did the Waterbury Method and I felt like it was made for me. As a matter of fact, I liked it so much I stayed on it for 8 weeks. Yup, in weeks 7-8, I wondered why I was losing gains instead of gaining. After, I did the Waterbury Method, I did the Superhero Program. Then I did the Waterbury Method, again.

Finally, I moved onto Westside for Skinny Bastards. I wish I did Westside for Skinny Bastards instead of the Superhero Program. It’s a specialization program and doesn’t put mass all over your body. Although, my shoulder girdle and biceps were looking good :slight_smile:

(Not to bring down the Superhero Program, but a trainee at my stage doesn’t need a body-part specialization program)

To answer your question:

No, I do not think you should continue with the Waterbury Method after 4 weeks. On the 5th week deload, take a break, and give Westside for Skinny Bastards a try.

I know how it feels, but take it from someone who’s tried it. You’ll start to dislike it in week 6-8, and I bet you’ll be searching for a new program real quick. In my opinion, it’s a program you do for 4 weeks to boost up upper body hypertrophy/strength, then come back to it in a few months.

Plus, if you continue with the Waterbury Method, your legs won’t get much stronger, unless your experiencing newbie gains. The focus is more on the upper body. There’s no dedicated Lower Body Day either.

Good Luck

PM me if anything. Maybe, I can help.

-Kevin