Waterbury Method & Lifting Fast

Hi everyone
I’m going to start the Waterbury method soon and had a question. In the article, it says to lift as fast as possible… Is that for the 10X3 only or is it for the entire program?

Also, I’ve been on a calorie restricted diet for a long time…(since i’ve gotten into being healthy) this is the first time i’m trying to add some mass and decided it’s time to up the calories.

I weigh 185 and came up with 2900 calories on the lifting days, 2500 on my other days… does this seem okay? I can go into more detail, but it’s primarily chicken, oats, sweet potatos, eggs, surge and veggies…

Thanks for any help or pointers!

Lift as fast as you can all the time. It recruits the biggest muscle fibers which have the most opportunity for growth. As far as the caloric intake, that’s what I’m eating and I weigh much less. However your body may need less. Try it out for a few weeks if you want and if you aren’t gaining much try upping it a bit.

thanks for the quick response.

Since I got into losing weight last year i’ve been eating around 1700-2000 calories a day.

I’m sick of going to the gym and not looking like I go… I’m leaner and my clothes fit, but I’d like to build some muscle.

We’ll see what happens I guess! Kind of nervous about the higher calories, but I know I need to do it.

Thanks again!

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
Lift as fast as you can all the time. It recruits the biggest muscle fibers which have the most opportunity for growth. [/quote]

Just make sure you maintain control of the weight. That means, lift as fast as possible but with correct form.