Waterbury Method + Cutting

Currently doing the V-diet and enjoying it. Just looking to cut a little for the summer. If you are curious, I have a log: Biotest Supplement Advice - Forums - T Nation

The Waterbury method: https://www.T-Nation.com/workouts/Waterbury-method

Anyway, I have been debating what to do following the diet. I’m currently finishing up a masters program and will have freedom to workout when I want. I really enjoy the style of the Waterbury Method, but am wondering how I’ll transition into it from the V-diet, and if I can continue to cut while doing this program? I plan on implementing an IF style diet, with the peri-workout nutrition being my first meal of the day. Haven’t cut much before since I’ve always been an athlete, so any advice is appreciated.

Keep in mind I haven’t tried doing this cutting. I’m running a modified Waterbury method right now and I’m enjoying it immensely. Have you seen 10x3 for fat loss? 10 x 3 For Fat Loss might be worth taking a look at until somebody more knowledgeable stops in.

I like the idea behind the program, but I don’t like lifting only 2x/week. I’ve always lifted for athletics, and I am just used to a 4x/week schedule. Also, I’m coming up on hard finals and will need the mental destressing that comes along with weights.

[quote]heard10 wrote:
I like the idea behind the program, but I don’t like lifting only 2x/week. I’ve always lifted for athletics, and I am just used to a 4x/week schedule. Also, I’m coming up on hard finals and will need the mental destressing that comes along with weights. [/quote]

Then, do yourself (and Waterbury) a favour and try the program as is. It is 2x lifting, yes, but the rest of the days, you are not doing nothing. 10x3 is quite challenging. I understand the stress relief of going to the gym more often, but the program itself is quite demanding.

Your original 3x a week Waterbury WO is quite nice also. Especially coming off the V-Diet

Or, actually do a 4 day split. So many choices out there. 5/3/1, CT’s new WO, heck, just type 4 day split in the search and there should be quite a few Pages out there.

At the end of the day, do what you enjoy, but change your mentality, not the program.

Thanks for the response. I guess you’re right. I’ll give 10x3 for fat loss a try. It’s all premature anyway, as I have 2 weeks left on the V-diet. Honestly, part of the reason I’m cutting now is that I’m moving home at the end of my program and I have access to all the free beef I want. Seems like a good time to put on some strength + muscle. Cutting is nice for the summer (and budget).

~4 days a week and the super high rep days will torch fat off: