Water Weight. Any Takes?

Well I want to thank T-Nation first for its great articles. I came across Thibaudeua’s acticle on benching and the rule of it.

So I’ve been trying to increase my bench by keeping the 5x5 constant but fail. So reading on forums here, I found one thing. EAT MORE. So i ate and ate. I gained good weight of 9 pounds in less than a month and once it slowed down I ate more and drank more water to hold maximum weight. And I noticed my bench went up and got easier with increase in weight. Thumbs up to the article.

I this while preparing for my final exams deciding that I could dedicate to training and study equally.
Now my exams have started. I couldn’t manage to eat more and follow my routine and workouts. I noticed my weight fell by 4 pounds suddenly; very quickly. My fat seems to have reduced and abs more prominent. I always flex to my mother and she tells me if I have become bigger or smaller; any gains etc.

So I take off my shirt and flex, and she says that I lost my ‘strong’ look.

Any views or discussions/relation to anyone as such. I find it interesting.

Find a better way to gauge your progress than flexing shirtless for your mother.?

Haha. It includes my sight also plus she does take the measurements. I was relating to the ‘strong’ look.

Your body holds very little extra-cellular water, so if you were gaining and looking stronger by staying well hydrated (and fed) it was most likely an increase in intra-cellular volume and you should keep doing that.

[quote]brandy2431 wrote:
Haha. It includes my sight also plus she does take the measurements.[/quote]

I think I don’t want to know more about your relationship with your mother.

Bates Motel

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]brandy2431 wrote:

I think I don’t want to know more about your relationship with your mother.[/quote]

Then I’d suggest you don’t look into the thread, smartass.

She’s implying that you are too skinny.

Don’t worry too much about how you look from day to day, just focus on getting stronger every week - and eating enough to make that happen. Watch Dave Tate’s instructional videos on youtube for tips on bench pressing. You’re doing fine, just keep going.

sure! thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]brandy2431 wrote:

I think I don’t want to know more about your relationship with your mother.[/quote]
I got a good laugh out of this post :slight_smile:

Post some comparison shots in the RMP forum. You’ll probably get better feedback.

Unless your mom posts here. Then the first post in your RMP thread will look like this.

[quote]brandy2431’s Mom wrote:
You lost your ‘strong’ look.[/quote]

How many years has your mother been in the fitness industry? Is she taking more clients?