Water Quality

We all drink water when we hit the gym. Either tap or bottled or filtered here is a tidbit about water according to these 2 guys.

http://www.actuent.com/beyond.html

Watch this and say if you think its legit or a sales scam?

And how important is what these guys are saying? It is mineral water after all.

If your one of those pubmed type is there science behind what these guys are saying?

Uhh… So, I’ll just stick to my filtered tap water.

…i think this is similar to the rash of house cleaning agents that kill virtually all bacteria in the house, making children especially vulnerable to allergies, astma and other respitory ailments because their bodies aren’t forced to make anti-bodies against common household bacteria. Mineral water would contain minerals and other ‘contaminants’ but the danger to the body is exaggerated. After all, we’re drinking water and grow old despite these contaminants, aren’t we?

That looks like a lot of bullshit to me.

didnt bother watching it cause im still going to drink the water i drink.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…i think this is similar to the rash of house cleaning agents that kill virtually all bacteria in the house, making children especially vulnerable to allergies, astma and other respitory ailments because their bodies aren’t forced to make anti-bodies against common household bacteria. Mineral water would contain minerals and other ‘contaminants’ but the danger to the body is exaggerated. After all, we’re drinking water and grow old despite these contaminants, aren’t we?[/quote]

actually most household products are pretty terrible at killing off bacteria to any degree, their 99% claims are in labs conditions so bogus in real life.

if somehow you managed to rid children of “common household bacteria” they would die quickly, bacteria protect us by out competing other, more harmful bacterias rather than provide us anti-bodies.

asthma and other respiratory conditions are more likely due to not enough exposure to pollens and outside air since kids and increasingly sedentary.

but i agree about water, most water pipes are dirty as hell anyways so pumping super filtered water through them is pointless.

Complete bullshit, drink your water and be done with it.

Umm. dissolved solids…Like salts and minerals that get put back into water to replenish the body rather. what they really need to do is look under a microscope and look at the solids rather than generalize everything. If you do want minerals and so forth drink distilled water and see how long you last.

[quote]riverhawk23 wrote:
Umm. dissolved solids…Like salts and minerals that get put back into water to replenish the body rather. what they really need to do is look under a microscope and look at the solids rather than generalize everything. If you do want minerals and so forth drink distilled water and see how long you last.[/quote]

I drink distilled water almost exclusively (sometimes RO), as I have for years, what’s wrong with that exactly?

I don’t get people that are all uppity about their water.

I drink the water in Kalamazoo, the same city water that’s said to have the highest ratio of Birth Control in the nation, and I’m still alive. What’s going to happen if your water isn’t filtered 99.675% through local distilleries? O No!

And what the fuck is that water that they sell for like $5 a pop? It’s some kind of water from some spring across the world… like it matters at all.

When I lived in California, my tap water was disgusting and almost undrinkable. Here in Milwaukee my tap water tastes great.

Once again it seems like this is one of those conflicting areas of science. After reading some websites posted by medical doctors, it seems as if the ideas are a fair split. Some proclaim loss of important minerals by drinking distilled water while others say food is the only source of minerals we get. I tend to believe that water puts minerals back into your body. Us you own discretion, sorry for wasting time.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
I drink distilled water almost exclusively (sometimes RO), as I have for years, what’s wrong with that exactly?[/quote]

Florida water tastes like shit.

tap water in hawaii tastes fine…no chlorination here…

the only thing i think worth mentioning about non-chlorinated tap water is if youre cooking with it, use cold water because the hot water pipes might possibly have a higher concentration of bacteria so i’ve read…

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:
Umm. dissolved solids…Like salts and minerals that get put back into water to replenish the body rather. what they really need to do is look under a microscope and look at the solids rather than generalize everything. If you do want minerals and so forth drink distilled water and see how long you last.

I drink distilled water almost exclusively (sometimes RO), as I have for years, what’s wrong with that exactly?[/quote]

Same here. We’ve used a countertop distiller for almost 20 years.
Hey, New Jersey is notorious for horrible water quality!