Water Loss Products

I compete in weightlifting, and I have an upcoming comp in which i have to lose a few pounds. I have little to no more fat to lose, so i purchased a product called “watertight” but PVL. the main ingredient is taraxacum. I’ve heard from a few ppl that this is an effective product to strip off some waterweight, but what i’d like to know is if any of you t-nationers have noticed any decrease in strength while using this or similar products.

[quote]LittleBigMuscles wrote:
I compete in weightlifting, and I have an upcoming comp in which i have to lose a few pounds. I have little to no more fat to lose, so i purchased a product called “watertight” but PVL. the main ingredient is taraxacum. I’ve heard from a few ppl that this is an effective product to strip off some waterweight, but what i’d like to know is if any of you t-nationers have noticed any decrease in strength while using this or similar products.[/quote]

Its just the latin name for dandelion. There was some debate as to whether it was root or leaf that was a dirutetic but it seems to be the leaf more so. The root is a diuretic too but also a mild laxative. It works well for water loss.

Not as well as frusemide though, not that i’d recc you try that.

Sorry misread your post, I don’t think you’ll lose loads of strength but you might lose a bit. Probably lose enough to lower your max a little bit. For several reasons.