T Nation

Water Before Bed Gets You Jacked!

I read this in another thread somewhere and can no longer find it; I wanted to share. If you drink a shitload of water before bed, when you wake up to piss go drink a shake.

I was wondering how many of you wake up in the middle of the night to feed, and if you really think it makes that big of a difference.

I find this method a less aggravating than waking up to an alarm clock.

I have read many times not to make your self
wake up just to feed in the night as it will interupt your sleep,but if you just wake up then fine drink a shake.

Quality sleep is more important.

Fuck that shit just stay in bed.

To pee...?

heh yeah that was pretty funny

Doesn't everybody?

I have a big Ice tea bottle right next to my bed so if I wake up in the middle of the night I just piss in it then go back to sleep, it's great.

HAHA! Nice dude.

To the OP: It's probably unnecessary to do this unless you find yourself having a really tough time gaining weight. Which probably just means you're not eating enough during the day anyway, so focus on that.

And if you're asking where that recommendation was found, it was in one of the Stickies in the Beginner's forum, I believe.

I naturally wake up around 6-7am when my fiance wakes me up, I down the shake and go back to bed until 845-9am.

Peeing in a tea bottle? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen when you're half asleep.

I have an idea. Instead of drinking a shitload of water before bed, drink a shitload of casein shakes

why would you force yourself to get up in the middle of the night? I know people that would kill to get a good nights sleep and you are trying to wake yourself up. You need melatonin (i'm not exactly sure why but it has to do with fighting cancer, cortisol levels etc.....)

When you wake up in the middle of the night you most likely turn on a light which re sets your biological clock and you basically have to start from scratch on the melatonin production. Even a small night light can affect melatonin levels. That's why people that work at night have higher cancer levels than people that work during the day and sleep at night.

Bottom line is just go to sleep and stay asleep for a full 8 hours. You will be better off for it. If you have trouble gaining take the others advice and get your nutrition during the day.

Above, people that work at night have greater risk of cancer. Not higher cancer levels. but I think you got the point.

I second that: I usually have a shake about 30 minutes before I go to bed to slow down my metabolic rate.

I get up in the middle of about every night to check my blood sugar. =(

My dream is have a urinal in my home so that when I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about the whole needing to urinate at night makes me wake up with a woody and then I can't stand to pee unless I want it to go everywhere except in the toilet thing. It is made worse by high blood sugars too, which makes your body force itself to urinate. Fucking sucks. Sorry for the hijack, I hate dealing with it all. I just really want a home with a urinal.

This is the same thing that my friend did....

until he one day accidentally drank his urine few hours later when he woke up again thirsty

Thanks everyone for the informative responses! So what I'm taking away from this is that I should urinate into a bottle, preferably iced tea, and then pour it all over my bed and go back to sleep. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

i mean...you can just eat all of your food during the day. my body has yet to distinguish bedtime from morning, 8 hrs from 3 hrs...it doesnt matter, just get your calories in the most convenient way you can.

I did like you my whole life!! :))))))