Watchmen Trailer

http://www.empireonline.com/video/watchmen/

“The world will look up and shout, SAVE US!”

“And I’ll look down and whisper…no.”

Damn.

That looks awesome!

I hope they break it up into 2 movies like Kill Bill. Kill Bill didn’t need to be 2 parts, but this really does.

Did you all notice the Twin Towers in the scene where that ship rises from the water?

I wonder why they would do that.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I hope they break it up into 2 movies like Kill Bill. Kill Bill didn’t need to be 2 parts, but this really does.[/quote]

Kill Bill worked as two movies though.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Did you all notice the Twin Towers in the scene where that ship rises from the water?

I wonder why they would do that.[/quote]

The book took place in the mid 80’s and really only makes sense with the threat of mutually assured destruction hanging over the world’s head.

Uncle Gabby wrote:
I hope they break it up into 2 movies like Kill Bill. Kill Bill didn’t need to be 2 parts, but this really does.

Kill Bill worked as two movies though. [/quote]

It was amusing, but it was only 2 movies because Quentin Tarantino is incapable of being succinct.

Looks like the release date is March 6th, 2009, so we won’t have to wait until next summer.

Professor X wrote:

I wonder why they would do that.

The book took place in the mid 80’s and really only makes sense with the threat of mutually assured destruction hanging over the world’s head.[/quote]

Best explanation ever.

Link’s not working right now, but I really hope they can pull this movie off. Like I said in another thread, I’m nervous for this movie because it was such a good book.

The link isn’t working?

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
The link isn’t working?[/quote]

Nope, not for me either.

The front page of the EmpireOnline website says you have to wait until Friday to watch the trailer.

Site’s probably getting too many hits.

Site’s probably getting too many hits.[/quote]

Gabby, you brought the site down by posting it here. I hope you’re happy.

I didn’t post it here, credit goes to LUEshi. However, I have tried to watch it about 4 or 5 times in the last hour.

I didn’t post it here, credit goes to LUEshi. However, I have tried to watch it about 4 or 5 times in the last hour.[/quote]

Shit, you’re right. I got this thread confused with the Death Race thread. Sorry.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
I didn’t post it here, credit goes to LUEshi. However, I have tried to watch it about 4 or 5 times in the last hour.

Shit, you’re right. I got this thread confused with the Death Race thread. Sorry.[/quote]

I’ve watched it at least 3 times since it downloaded. I do take issue with how lanky one of the guys was, but then, I am one of the few who hasn’t read the graphic novel yet.

It looks like they put a shit load of money into it so far…and it is still in production phase.

AngryVader wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:

Shit, you’re right. I got this thread confused with the Death Race thread. Sorry.

I’ve watched it at least 3 times since it downloaded. I do take issue with how lanky one of the guys was, but then, I am one of the few who hasn’t read the graphic novel yet.

It looks like they put a shit load of money into it so far…and it is still in production phase.[/quote]

I watched it twice and them made the mistake of refreshing my browser, so now I can’t watch it.

It looks like from what I can tell the budget is between $100 and $150 million.

That is certifiably bad ass.