Watchmen the Movie

[quote]Professor X wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:

March of the Penguins?
Anyone see the Family Guy spoof Morgan Freeman’s latest movie being just a movie of him just doing voiceovers?

Man, kids loved that movie.

I do want to know if that’s his voice in that Family Guy episode. If it wasn’t, someone has talent.[/quote]

Pretty sure it’s an impersonation.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
esk221 wrote:
I’m still happy they decided to never put that Preacher movie into production.

http://login.vnuemedia.com/hr/login/login_subscribe.jsp?id=vYt6iPOE%2FCS7a4W0HeP%2FZLN7cXCr62Zpa8vW1mH7uSWabDPgLU529V09kSNdLMiU1l%2B6wJFnCXpf MFNuG01opI2Zxh6uu%2B3O2GG3VCYlhbxuZXCiTJ9rncfFNn5o86nLzcXMrbu95Hm31vc9%2F4eNPD6C I6cpshJ7O%2BQObtICD%2BoSr94rxB%2Bo8jf%2Bu0J34v2UwzhuSTfCSZVqN%2FBtlbXXEsWkhg2Ex36%2B7%2BzY iP6PDprLAtBFe8PaNExoHjrEPrVOb4JxDXutq2GMCgkp%2B%2B2mbtqx4y1rLAflwkr2cv%2BX1gJArdf0 VQ7xvF8wU24bTWikjZnGHq677c7YYbdUJiWFvN1%2BR0xw6bBj
Preacher tv show on hbo[/quote]

The dude who did Daredevil and Ghost Rider? wtfffffffffffffff

[quote]Professor X wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:

March of the Penguins?
Anyone see the Family Guy spoof Morgan Freeman’s latest movie being just a movie of him just doing voiceovers?

Man, kids loved that movie.

I do want to know if that’s his voice in that Family Guy episode. If it wasn’t, someone has talent.[/quote]

I wouldn’t watch it just me though not a fan of penguins. They did that one and then they had the spoof of Shawshank Redemption with the monoply guy getting raped by the sisters.
Anyone see the Morgan Freemon film where he was a pimp? Christopher Reeve was in it

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
I wouldn’t watch it just me though not a fan of penguins.
[/quote]

What do you have against penguins? They are delicious.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
I wouldn’t watch it just me though not a fan of penguins.

What do you have against penguins? They are delicious.[/quote]

Only penguins I like where the one’s on Jessica Alba’s panties in that Dane Cook movie. Ahhhhh Jessica Alba

I actually didnt care for the Wanted comic book, and think the movie looks much better from an entertainment standpoint.

As far as Watchmen… I just dont see how they can compare to the book. That book was such a masterpiece, and I’m with the others who say it will be damn near impossible to get it all into a 2 hour film.

Luckily Snyder did a great job on 300 (granted 300 is like a 25 page comic) with the exception of the monsters he added in. Watchmen is a much, much larger undertaking, but if he can nail it, it will be a great acheivement.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
It’s got Morgan Freeman in it. What was the last movie not worth watching with Freeman in it?

March of the Penguins?
[/quote]

Evan Almighty.
Bruce Almighty.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
esk221 wrote:
I’m still happy they decided to never put that Preacher movie into production.

http://login.vnuemedia.com/hr/login/login_subscr

ibe.jsp?id=vYt6iPOE%2FCS7a4W0HeP%

2FZLN7cXCr62Zpa8vW1mH7uSWabDPgLU529V09kSNdLMiU1l

%2B6wJFnCXpf%0AMFNuG01opI2Zxh6uu%

2B3O2GG3VCYlhbxuZXCiTJ9rncfFNn5o86nLzcXMrbu95Hm3

1vc9%2F4eNPD6C%0AI6cpshJ7O%2BQObtICD%2BoSr94rxB%

2Bo8jf%2Bu0J34v2UwzhuSTfCSZVqN%

2FBtlbXXEsWkhg2Ex36%2B7%2BzY%

0AiP6PDprLAtBFe8PaNExoHjrEPrVOb4JxDXutq2GMCgkp%

2B%2B2mbtqx4y1rLAflwkr2cv%2BX1gJArdf0%

0AVQ7xvF8wU24bTWikjZnGHq677c7YYbdUJiWFvN1%

2BR0xw6bBj

Preacher tv show on hbo

The dude who did Daredevil and Ghost Rider? wtfffffffffffffff
[/quote]

I read elsewhere they’d almost managed James Marsden as Jesse Custer.

James Marsden is renowned for his portrayals of the dickcheese who married Lois Lane instead of Superman in Superman Returns and the dickcheese who married Jean Grey instead of Wolverine in X-Men

I’m sensing a train wreck, and I pray to God it never gets off the ground.

The film adaptation of Sandman, however…

Sandman is not being made into a movie is it? That would require a Lord of the Rings type commitment.

The Watchmen is pretty much regarded as the best comic series ever written.

As a few others have said, I don’t know how they will fit it into a 2 hour movie.

Among other things, I’m concerned about:

1. Rorschach’s voice over. He’ll probably narrate a lot of the movie, his voice will be very difficult to create.

2. How will they show all the character’s origins, including Dr. Manhattan, and Rorschach? Those were very compelling stories. The origin of Dr. Manhattan is absolutely ridiculous, including the artwork of him originally getting fried in the gamma machine.

3. The Black Pirate side story.

4. The utter violence of the last few pages - millions of people die - will be tough to show in a movie.

5. Nite Owl saving people in the City after being retired for 10 years.

6. Nite Owl busting Rorschach out of jail, and Rorschach tearing a new asshole in the inmates who tried to screw with him. That alone is a 20 minute action sequence.

Nah…there’s no way they will pull this off. And the vast majority of people who did not read The Watchmen will not understand it, or won’t want to see it.

It’s doomed. Just my .02.

On the other hand… If they do manage to pull it off, maybe in a 2 part style ala Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3 which was really one long movie, it could be an amazing cinematic achievement.

The only thing that gives me any hope is how good the guy did 300.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Sandman is not being made into a movie is it? That would require a Lord of the Rings type commitment.[/quote]

No. It’s stuck in development hell, where Gaimen says it belongs.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
Sandman is not being made into a movie is it? That would require a Lord of the Rings type commitment.

No. It’s stuck in development hell, where Gaimen says it belongs.

To me it just seems wrong to have anyone else but Gaimen give the okay to make the film.

I know Alan Moore personally condemns all attempts to make his books into films (ala V for Vendetta). I get that they sell their work to the publisher and its out of their hands after that happens, but it still smacks of a lack of respect.

Also, I dont get how they can screw up these movies some times. The “look” of the movie is already done with the comic art work, and the script is done with the dialogue, pictures, and other text.

I hear they are making a Y:The Last Man film (my avatar) and hopefully they give that its due, because thats one of my favs. Actually the series that got me into comics.

Also… That report about the Sandman being stuck in development hell was nearly 7 years old. So I imagine any information on that site is sorely out of date.

Yup. Sorely out of date. Or maybe nothing’s happened. I believe the latter. Chances are, the option time ran out, and the movie rights revert back to DC.

Last I read, the film adaptation of Y: The Last Man was starring Shia LeBouf.

Yeah, the scrawny kid from Transformers. I wanna hate on it, but I think the kids got some potential. Its far enough away I think he may grow up enough to do a decent Yorick.

Yeah, I read that too. I also read that they let Brian write the script for it, which at least might make it so the script doesnt get bastardized. He is free to take out/put in little events that maybe he wanted to use but were too long for the book. Could be interesting.