Watchmen the Movie

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere on here, and this is the first I’ve heard of it, but apparently Watchmen is being made into a movie to be released next year. I don’t know why I haven’t heard anything about this.

I’m excited, but nervous. It’s not just another superhero movie. This is a very complicated story with several side-stories. I’m not sure how this will all work into film.

I had heard that this was in production.

I’ve never read the comic but have heard great things about it… I think I’ll have to pick it up to see what the fuss is all about!

But, my mate reckons that it will be very hard to make it into a (good) film. Apparently some guy tried a while ago and pulled the plug half-way through…

If they, in any way, screw this up like they have “Wanted,” a far less epic, if not equally enjoyable societal critique, I will kill everyone.

Ever.

This could be awesome, but I’m worried.

[quote]Vash wrote:
If they, in any way, screw this up like they have “Wanted,” a far less epic, if not equally enjoyable societal critique, I will kill everyone.

Ever.[/quote]

How have they screwed up Wanted? Is it even in production stage?

[quote]Vash wrote:

Ever.[/quote]

Well Millar is doing it so it will be done as well as it can. According to what I understood though it’s not the comic it’s the universe itself and not the original storyline

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

How have they screwed up Wanted? Is it even in production stage?[/quote]

For Prof, it’s not only past production it’s coming out next week

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

Well Millar is doing it so it will be done as well as it can. According to what I understood though it’s not the comic it’s the universe itself and not the original storyline[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve read a conglomeration of the interviews he did about the movie. I’m pretty sure there was something in the Wanted TPB, but I could be wrong.

Jolie makes a hot Fox, but . . . damn, man. There’s no way they’re going to end the movie with the last three pages of that book.

No way.

Also, check out the production vlog videos from the Watchman website. They have costume designs for most of the major 'hero players.

But, take what I say with a grain of salt. I’m a bit overprotective of the books which have influenced my thinking or my views on the world.

. . .

Looking at the trailer website . . . “a hero for a new generation?”

+++SPOILER ALERT++++++SPOILER ALERT++++SPOILER ALERT+++
+++SPOILER ALERT++++++SPOILER ALERT++++SPOILER ALERT+++
+++SPOILER ALERT+++ There’s no way this is going to end
+++SPOILER ALERT+++ with the lead dude saying
+++SPOILER ALERT+++ “This is me, fucking you in the ass.”
+++SPOILER ALERT++++++SPOILER ALERT+++SPOILER ALERT+++
+++SPOILER ALERT++++++SPOILER ALERT+++SPOILER ALERT+++

From what I understand, Snyder made 300 just so he could get a crack at making Watchmen.

From the stills, it looks like they’re doing a good job.

I really like Snyder’s work. I’m somewhat concerned as well, because Watchmen is… quite frankly too broad to be put into a two-hour film. Also because I’ve never seen Snyder do anything thematic or mood-driven (Dawn of the Dead and 300 were both pretty action-oriented).

However, I’m glad they’re making a movie out of this, and hopefully it’ll cause Alan Moore to quit bitching about the state of modern cinema.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Watchmen is… quite frankly too broad to be put into a two-hour film. [/quote]

That’s my biggest concern.

Yeah, I have to agree. Despite how encouraging the press photos have been, I find it hard to believe that a 2 hour movie will be able to do the book justice. But we’ll see.

I almost wish they would have never made the movie. I’m still happy they decided to never put that Preacher movie into production. It would be hard to adapt to a series let alone a single movie.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
I’m still happy they decided to never put that Preacher movie into production.[/quote]

http://login.vnuemedia.com/hr/login/login_subscribe.jsp?id=vYt6iPOE%2FCS7a4W0HeP%2FZLN7cXCr62Zpa8vW1mH7uSWabDPgLU529V09kSNdLMiU1l%2B6wJFnCXpf MFNuG01opI2Zxh6uu%2B3O2GG3VCYlhbxuZXCiTJ9rncfFNn5o86nLzcXMrbu95Hm31vc9%2F4eNPD6C I6cpshJ7O%2BQObtICD%2BoSr94rxB%2Bo8jf%2Bu0J34v2UwzhuSTfCSZVqN%2FBtlbXXEsWkhg2Ex36%2B7%2BzY iP6PDprLAtBFe8PaNExoHjrEPrVOb4JxDXutq2GMCgkp%2B%2B2mbtqx4y1rLAflwkr2cv%2BX1gJArdf0 VQ7xvF8wU24bTWikjZnGHq677c7YYbdUJiWFvN1%2BR0xw6bBj
Preacher tv show on hbo

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Yeah, I have to agree. Despite how encouraging the press photos have been, I find it hard to believe that a 2 hour movie will be able to do the book justice. But we’ll see.

I almost wish they would have never made the movie. I’m still happy they decided to never put that Preacher movie into production. It would be hard to adapt to a series let alone a single movie.[/quote]

I thought HBO was still working on getting that series up and going?

I would have sworn there was an interview with the director they tapped talking about adding a season or two to be able to stick to the decompacted storytelling, and then a a few episodes dedicated to the oneshots.

I could be wrong, though.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

For Prof, it’s not only past production it’s coming out next week[/quote]

That looks “screwed up” to you?

It’s got Morgan Freeman in it. What was the last movie not worth watching with Freeman in it?

kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

It’s got Morgan Freeman in it. What was the last movie not worth watching with Freeman in it?[/quote]

Maybe I don’t get it either, cause I’m looking forward to seeing Wanted.

Morgan Freeman can read the phone book and make it interesting.

The movie, judged only on it’s own merits, doesn’t look screwed up.

However, as an adaptation about supervillains having re-written the world to do as they please, and as a critique on the modern trend of self-deception and lack of self-definition, then it is “screwed up.”

I’m still going to see it, and Morgan Freeman is going to be a bad-ass “Sloan,” but I’m not going to see villains win, completely.

And Watchmen, Jesus God, the Watchmen. Not my favorite series, and one that honestly escapes my grasp in many respects, but a story which deserves an accurate translation. Otherwise, it’s not the Watchmen. It’s just a bunch of noise and color with no intent.

kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

It’s got Morgan Freeman in it. What was the last movie not worth watching with Freeman in it?[/quote]

kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

March of the Penguins?
Anyone see the Family Guy spoof Morgan Freeman’s latest movie being just a movie of him just doing voiceovers?

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Vash wrote:

Ever.

It’s got Morgan Freeman in it. What was the last movie not worth watching with Freeman in it?
March of the Penguins?
Anyone see the Family Guy spoof Morgan Freeman’s latest movie being just a movie of him just doing voiceovers?

[/quote]

It’s just the audio, but here ya go:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

March of the Penguins?

[/quote]

Man, kids loved that movie.

I do want to know if that’s his voice in that Family Guy episode. If it wasn’t, someone has talent.