Watch Your Spinach

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213891,00.html

Especially AD’ers who eats tons.

–Tiribulus->

There is no reason to stop eating Spinach, just wash it first (what a concept)thoroughly or cook it.

Is it only fresh bagged spinach or are they warning against all spinach? The frozen shit ok to eat?

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
There is no reason to stop eating Spinach, just wash it first (what a concept)thoroughly or cook it.[/quote]

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Is it only fresh bagged spinach or are they warning against all spinach? The frozen shit ok to eat?

RoadWarrior wrote:
There is no reason to stop eating Spinach, just wash it first (what a concept)thoroughly or cook it.

[/quote]

You eat frozen shit? Where do you get that?

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
There is no reason to stop eating Spinach, just wash it first (what a concept)thoroughly or cook it.[/quote]

The stuff causing E. coli is already triple washed.

Of course this had to happen to a GOOD food, and not something like ice cream, or frozen pizzas.

How fucking dumb of me to phrase it like that with all the teenagers around. Fuck it, I will look it up on-line, thanks.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

RoadWarrior wrote:

[/quote]

2 minutes ago they said bagged fresh only. 11 states now. Shit.

–Tiribulus->

How fucking dumb of me to phrase it like that with all the teenagers around. Fuck it, I will look it up on-line, thanks.

HugeMutha wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

RoadWarrior wrote:

[/quote]

roflbbq amniall!! teenagers r fun E!

…and for the last time HugeMoron, you’re not funny. Stop trying to be.

To think I ate a whole bag of the stuff with my breakfast on wednesday. My personal advice is: don’t eat that much spinach, you’ll feel like you just had a colonic when you have to crap really bad!

There has been problems with E. coli and a lot of the bagged salad greens in the past. I pretty much abandoned any bagged salad and now only buy it fresh.

[quote]bgl500 wrote:
There has been problems with E. coli and a lot of the bagged salad greens in the past. I pretty much abandoned any bagged salad and now only buy it fresh.[/quote]

shit, i eat the triple washed spinash from costco raw from the bag!!

Now they said it’s affecting bagged and non bagged fresh.

–Tiribulus->

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Of course this had to happen to a GOOD food, and not something like ice cream, or frozen pizzas.[/quote]

Agreed!

While we are on bagged salad I am more concerned with what spinach and other bagged salads are washed in before eating it. Did you know that the salad companies wash their salads in chlorinated water? The water is in fact higher in chlorine than your local swimming pool! Now would you eat your salad after washing it in your pool first? I wouldn?t and that is why I buy the unwashed version or organic where possible and thoroughly wash it myself.

You try your best and there is always something that comes along to try and fuck it up!

I’ve been watching my spinach for a couple of days now. What’s it supposed to do? It just lies there.

[quote]Madman2 wrote:
I’ve been watching my spinach for a couple of days now. What’s it supposed to do? It just lies there.[/quote]

Don’t let it fool ya. When you least expect it don’t be surprised to find your car missing.

–Tiribulus->

OK, the warning has now gone to ALL fresh spinach.

The recommendations is to not eat any fresh stuff. I’m guessing the frozen is still good and I have some of that stocked in the freezer.

I just love the fresh though.

I ate two bags of organic spinach last week. I also had …ahem…“GI distress” for four out of six days. So i called the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and dug one of the bags out of the garbage and it turns out they were subjet to the recall. Damn, i was PISSED OFF!

But i talked to the pharmacist said i was ok. Even if i was infected, E Coli is not really a big deal unless you’re old or sick to begin with. Apparently they usually don’t treat it anyway.

AA - they confirmed today on the news that frozen and canned items are NOT affected; only the fresh/bagged ones. get your frozen spinach on man - btw, i been following your log thread; good luck on your 300 goal.

HugeMutha wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:

RoadWarrior wrote:

[/quote]

Natural Selection Foods has recalled all packages of its fresh spinach and any salad with spinach in a blend because they are possibly contaminated with E. coli. The affected packages have “Best if Used by Dates” of Aug. 17 through Oct. 1. Consumers with questions can contact the company at 800-690-3200.

The recalled brands are:

Bellissima

Cheney Brothers

Coastline

Compliments

Cross Valley

D’Arrigo Brothers

Dole

Earthbound Farm

Emeril

Fresh Point

Green Harvest