T Nation

Washington Gyms

Looks like I'm sort've getting settled in up here in Washington, anyhow, anyone know of any good gyms up in the Everett area? I found a Bally's and a 24 Hour as well as a World Gym... they all sort've suck (but the Bally's sucked the least).

Anyone have some input on this for me?

you're pretty much shit out of luck...

there used to be a decent number of cool gyms in the greater seattle metro-plex but they're all but gone now...

they've been replaced by soccer-mom gyms that play easy listening music in the weight room where you're expected to be extra quite while doing your toning and shaping with one of their on-site personal trainers with a spiffy ACE certification...

Lonnie's gym in Redmond (think it's called Eastside Gym) is the only gym left that I know of that won't give you any grief for things like deadlifting, using chalk, banging some weights around, ect...Lonnie's gym reminds me of the gym in Ronnie Coleman's videos ...there's actually alot of cool shit there...monolift, reverse-hyper, GHR, sled to drag, tons of free weights, a deadlift platform, all the typical cybex machine type stuff, everything you need to get strong...

but that's a bit far to go for someone that lives in Everett...

anyways, good luck!

I used to live in Bothell which had a 1/2 way decent Golds and that there was a Golds on broadway in Everett but it may have closed down. What kind of work do you do up in WA. On another note for the past ten years every post Fri Thanksgiving was spent relaxing in a strip club while the Buffs either covered or won outright against the dreaded black shirts. This year I did not take the Buffs as 13.5 points seemed pretty hard to cover but to get waxed 30-3 totally sucks. Are you just a CO fan or do you like college football in general. I usually have a fave in every major conference and the Buffalos are my Big 12 team.

sounds like I'm shit out of luck... anyone else know of anything that isn't 20 miles away?