Was Thinking of Buying Reflex Instant Whey

Until I found out one of the ingredients was Sucralose (Splenda)

Some of the effects Sucralose can do to the body;

* Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage)
* Enlarged liver and kidneys.
* Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
* Increased cecal weight
* Reduced growth rate
* Decreased red blood cell count
* Hyperplasia of the pelvis
* Extension of the pregnancy period
* Aborted pregnancy
* Decreased fetal body weights and placental weights
* Diarrhea

http://www.rense.com/general63/SPLENte.htm

Sucralose is in most shakes btw…

Can’t there be any shake without life threatening ingredients?

Cool story, bro

By the way, did you actually read the linked page, aside from the pretty bullet points?

[quote]G87 wrote:
Cool story, bro

By the way, did you actually read the linked page, aside from the pretty bullet points?[/quote]

Yes…

And it is pretty worrying.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_consumer/the_truth_about_sucralose

From the article:
“In summary, there just isn’t any data supportive of the idea that sucralose is harmful when used by humans.”

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_consumer/the_truth_about_sucralose

From the article:
“In summary, there just isn’t any data supportive of the idea that sucralose is harmful when used by humans.”

[/quote]

Sounds like fail

I personally prefer Stevia.

Just because there is no evidence now doesn’t mean there never will be.

I alternate my sweeteners. I have a sugar bowl with splenda for my coffee, powdered stevia for my oatmeal, and equal for baking :smiley:

S

[quote]MMA101 wrote:

:

Some of the effects Sucralose can do to RATS, MICE, and RABBITS;

* List of stuff

[/quote]

Fixed that for ya.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

From the article:

[/quote]

I actually proceeded to look up the article you posted as I realized that OP can not really translate into human language what that “article” he posted said and what it didn’t, but you beat me to it.

OP, I would be more careful about reading articles AND studies in the future

[quote]MMA101 wrote:
G87 wrote:
Cool story, bro

By the way, did you actually read the linked page, aside from the pretty bullet points?

Yes…

And it is pretty worrying.[/quote]

What’s worrying to ME is that you missed this bit that came before the bullet point:

“Research in animals has shown sucralose can cause many problems in rats, mice, and rabbits”

Sucralose might not be perfect - but it’s not all that terrible if your usage is low. That’s my opinion.

Other than natural whey also sold by reflex, you wont find a flavoured brand that doesn’t use splenda to my knowledge. if you that worried just get online and order some plain unflavoured whey.

But bare in mind, there are now probably 1000s of everyday foods that have splenda in them and i am pretty sure you would see more people with ‘splenda related illness’ if it was such a big issue.

If youre that worried buy some bulk unflavoured whey. Smells like crap but I just used to man up and chug it.

Personally Im a big fan of Reflex Nutritions Peptide fusion… got a 4kg bag sitting next to me now.

Chocolate isnt very convincing and the mixability isnt amazing imo… but I can drink without gagging and the quality of the ingredients is quite good =]

So how many scoops a day are you going to have?

[quote]G87 wrote:
MMA101 wrote:
G87 wrote:
Cool story, bro

Yes…

And it is pretty worrying.

What’s worrying to ME is that you missed this bit that came before the bullet point:

“Research in animals has shown sucralose can cause many problems in rats, mice, and rabbits”

Sucralose might not be perfect - but it’s not all that terrible if your usage is low. That’s my opinion. [/quote]

Keep in mind,that some of these research studies have used up to the equivalent of 17,000 Splenda packs a day for a 150lb male…for 28 straight days.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I personally prefer Stevia.

Just because there is no evidence now doesn’t mean there never will be.[/quote]

yup. very very small amounts…lest you risk stevia nasty after taste…

Like I’ve said before, you absorb/ingest so many toxic substance in tiny amounts on a daily basis that you don’t really need to worry about any of them (there isn’t shit you can do). You can’t avoid it.

Don’t sweat the small stuff, man.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
If youre that worried buy some bulk unflavoured whey. Smells like crap but I just used to man up and chug it.

Personally Im a big fan of Reflex Nutritions Peptide fusion… got a 4kg bag sitting next to me now.

Chocolate isnt very convincing and the mixability isnt amazing imo… but I can drink without gagging and the quality of the ingredients is quite good =][/quote]

PF is a pretty cool shake. Apparently its pretty close to Metabolic Drive. I am coming to the end of my last bag of Strawberry at the moment, never got the chocolate. Reflex are apparently really starting to up their game.

MyProtein’s Total Protein is basically the same as well. And the chocolate in that is amazing! I’m basically getting all my supps from them now, except HOT-ROX Extreme and Flameout.