T Nation

Was Priest Chasing a Boy?

"Priest Nabbed While Running Nude
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

FREDERICK, Colo. - A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn’t think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. “I know what I did was wrong,” he said in the report.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Longmont Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment.

Whipkey, 53, was arrested around 4:30 a.m. June 22 in this town about 20 miles north of Denver.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey remains an active priest.

If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said."

LOL!!!

That man needs to lay of the crack. Lol, wtf?

[quote]Dom_M wrote:
That man needs to lay of the crack. Lol, wtf?

[/quote]

I remember revering these guys when I was a kid. If you went to a Catholic school, the priest was like God almighty to us. I remember being shocked when the local priest at my school pulled out a smoke.

Running naked? How can that be anything but uncomfortable?

As for priests and high schools… a bit old for them, wouldn’t you say?

When did indecent exposure turn into a sexual offense?

[quote]kroby wrote:

When did indecent exposure turn into a sexual offense?[/quote]

That’s what I was wondering. If he was alone at the track, who did he offend/attack? And isn’t sexual offenses felonies and indecent exposure misdemenors?

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
kroby wrote:

That’s what I was wondering. If he was alone at the track, who did he offend/attack? And isn’t sexual offenses felonies and indecent exposure misdemenors?[/quote]

I’m sure the cops were offended when they had to look at a naked 53 year old priest waving ‘Charlie’ all around the track.

I agree that he’s only guilty of indecent for the time being. When he starts chasing a 12 year old boy around the track and the priest is naked, THEN they’ve got a case. :smiley:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
kroby wrote:

That’s what I was wondering. If he was alone at the track, who did he offend/attack? And isn’t sexual offenses felonies and indecent exposure misdemenors?

I’m sure the cops were offended when they had to look at a naked 53 year old priest waving ‘Charlie’ all around the track.

I agree that he’s only guilty of indecent for the time being. When he starts chasing a 12 year old boy around the track and the priest is naked, THEN they’ve got a case. :smiley:

[/quote]

Haha, true. But I still don’t see the connection between running naked and having to file as a sexual offender.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I agree that he’s only guilty of indecent for the time being. When he starts chasing a 12 year old boy around the track and the priest is naked, THEN they’ve got a case. :smiley: [/quote]

Surprising statement from someone with your record of support for preemptive actions (invade Iraq, bomb Iran…)

You know, Lixy, some time ago HH was a LOT worse (I know, hard to imagine…) and compared to his older posts he is nearly a intellectual now- albeit a semi-illiterate, evolution-condemning one who sees god in hexagon formations that appear naturally in Saturn’s atmosphere.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
You know, Lixy, some time ago HH was a LOT worse (I know, hard to imagine…) and compared to his older posts he is nearly a intellectual now- albeit a semi-illiterate, evolution-condemning one who sees god in hexagon formations that appear naturally in Saturn’s atmosphere.

[/quote]

Hmmm…I see God and His works everywhere…pretty bad, huh?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

So…you see your toaster at morning and Bam! you think of god. Later, when you drive to school, there is a pile of garbage and Bam! along comes god. In class, some guy has a Brokeback Mountain T-Shirt and Bam!..

Of course it is odd.
It makes a lot more sense for a patron of the 10th Century to see a lightning and think of Thor then a teacher who lives thousand years later to think of christian “Gawd” when he sees just about anything. That guy lived in a violent, often irrational and unenlightened world.

You, on the other hand, have books, the internet and the smart T-Nation folk explaining you free of charge that nature is full of seemingly “strange” patterns which repeat themselves under the same circumstances.

A hexagon in Saturn’s atmosphere is no more mysterious then an apple falling to the ground.
Something tells me, that while you probably had no scruples to tell your kids about that “wonder”, you cared less about telling about hexagons in your shaker.

Headhunter wrote:

So…you see your toaster at morning and Bam! you think of god. Later, when you drive to school, there is a pile of garbage and Bam! along comes god. In class, some guy has a Brokeback Mountain T-Shirt and Bam!..

Of course it is odd.
It makes a lot more sense for a patron of the 10th Century to see a lightning and think of Thor then a teacher who lives thousand years later to think of christian “Gawd” when he sees just about anything. That guy lived in a violent, often irrational and unenlightened world.

You, on the other hand, have books, the internet and the smart T-Nation folk explaining you free of charge that nature is full of seemingly “strange” patterns which repeat themselves under the same circumstances.

A hexagon in Saturn’s atmosphere is no more mysterious then an apple falling to the ground.
Something tells me, that while you probably had no scruples to tell your kids about that “wonder”, you cared less about telling about hexagons in your shaker.[/quote]

You, sir, have lost your sense of wonder. Science, by its own definitions, can never explain everything. Science is inductive, by its nature. The scientists who observed the phenomenon were perplexed, btw, but ‘its no more mysterious than an apple falling to the ground’? You must explain it to all of us and them too.

Why are you prattling on about the hexagon swirling around Saturn’s North Pole, in a thread about a cracked out priest? Are you cracked out also?

Also, you do not qualify as one of the ‘smart T-Nation folk’ (or, ‘volk’ as I’m sure you long to write).

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
You, sir, have lost your sense of wonder. Science, by its own definitions, can never explain everything. Science is inductive, by its nature. The scientists who observed the phenomenon were perplexed, btw, but ‘its no more mysterious than an apple falling to the ground’? You must explain it to all of us and them too.
[/quote]
I don’t find it uninteresting. I’ve heard about it and found it very interesting and I would be as perplexed and as overjoyed as the scientists, if I’d be the one to discover this.
Nature IS fascinating, so fascinating and interesting to most of us that we want to discover the rules behind it.

You implied, as always, that such a strange phenomena must be an indication of the supernatural which you equate with -drumrolls- Gawdjezus!

“Is there a rational answer w/o invoking a design argument?”
Of course there is. Some guys told you that in your Does-God-hide-behind-Saturn?-thread . Now here’s the whole point:

You read about some new scientific discovery. So you took your chance and landed a cheap god-shot. You even had the nerve, after some guy told you that you can recreate that hexagon (that super miracle only gawd can summon!) in your shaker, to dodge this with: “and why not the South Pole?” Why not in your bottom?

Funny bible-huggers. As long as someone cannot explain everything at once, they will stick to their one and only book.

While the scientists find it fascinating, they know there are physical laws behind all this. And they’re gonna find them. Perhaps not in our lifetime. But as long as the loons won’t completely overtake the earth and smash it to pieces, they shall find these laws and rules someday and they will fit in with others to explain the universe a little better then before.

Will they explain everything? Nobody knows if science can tell us everything. Perhaps science can one day or perhaps we couldn’t understand it all because of our tiny brains but we will in the future with the help of artificially enhanced brains. Who knows?

This retarded thread revolves about nothing, some guy is jogging naked at night, big deal. I’m not sorry to spam such a brilliant thread of critical news and deep assumptions. Of course, since he’s a priest he must be fucking children. Reminds me of the old joke.
[i]
The doctor is taking a Rohrschach-Test with his patient. He asks what the first card might depict and hears an astonished outcry: “Parents fucking their offspring!” The doctor is perplexed and shows the next picture. “Twins molesting a whole kindergarten!” Another one. “A double penetration and simultaneous breastfeeding of siamese twin infants!”

The doctor cannot stand the explicit descriptions any longer:“You know what-you’re a perv, case solved!”. The patient: "Me, a pervert? And who has all these juicy pictures hidden in his desk?
[/i]

Never said I was, no point in telling me that, not that your estimations are important in that matter.

Also, please tell me that this “volk” remark of yours is not AGAIN a hilarious joke because I’m German.
Now to get 33 Cents everytime HH cracks a joke about Germany and ze Nazis…

Headhunter wrote:

I don’t find it uninteresting. I’ve heard about it and found it very interesting and I would be as perplexed and as overjoyed as the scientists, if I’d be the one to discover this.
Nature IS fascinating, so fascinating and interesting to most of us that we want to discover the rules behind it.

You implied, as always, that such a strange phenomena must be an indication of the supernatural which you equate with -drumrolls- Gawdjezus!

“Is there a rational answer w/o invoking a design argument?”
Of course there is. Some guys told you that in your Does-God-hide-behind-Saturn?-thread . Now here’s the whole point:

You read about some new scientific discovery. So you took your chance and landed a cheap god-shot. You even had the nerve, after some guy told you that you can recreate that hexagon (that super miracle only gawd can summon!) in your shaker, to dodge this with: “and why not the South Pole?” Why not in your bottom?

Funny bible-huggers. As long as someone cannot explain everything at once, they will stick to their one and only book.

While the scientists find it fascinating, they know there are physical laws behind all this. And they’re gonna find them. Perhaps not in our lifetime. But as long as the loons won’t completely overtake the earth and smash it to pieces, they shall find these laws and rules someday and they will fit in with others to explain the universe a little better then before.

Will they explain everything? Nobody knows if science can tell us everything. Perhaps science can one day or perhaps we couldn’t understand it all because of our tiny brains but we will in the future with the help of artificially enhanced brains. Who knows?

Why are you prattling on about the hexagon swirling around Saturn’s North Pole, in a thread about a cracked out priest? Are you cracked out also?

This retarded thread revolves about nothing, some guy is jogging naked at night, big deal. I’m not sorry to spam such a brilliant thread of critical news and deep assumptions. Of course, since he’s a priest he must be fucking children. Reminds me of the old joke.
[i]
The doctor is taking a Rohrschach-Test with his patient. He asks what the first card might depict and hears an astonished outcry: “Parents fucking their offspring!” The doctor is perplexed and shows the next picture. “Twins molesting a whole kindergarten!” Another one. “A double penetration and simultaneous breastfeeding of siamese twin infants!”

The doctor cannot stand the explicit descriptions any longer:“You know what-you’re a perv, case solved!”. The patient: "Me, a pervert? And who has all these juicy pictures hidden in his desk?
[/i]

Also, you do not qualify as one of the ‘smart T-Nation folk’ (or, ‘volk’ as I’m sure you long to write).

Never said I was, no point in telling me that, not that your estimations are important in that matter.

Also, please tell me that this “volk” remark of yours is not AGAIN a hilarious joke because I’m German.
Now to get 33 Cents everytime HH cracks a joke about Germany and ze Nazis…[/quote]

Usually, I do the courtesy of reading an entire response…but yours is simply too ‘volkish’ for me.

No, you’re just clueless.
By the way it’s an ‘o’ with dots which you can also write with an ‘e’ following instead. Like, “voelkisch” if you are unable to write “Motörhead”.

And it’s meaning eludes you because your statement ([quote]…but yours is simply too ‘volkish’ for me[/quote]) makes no sense at all.

By the way it’s an ‘o’ with dots which you can also write with an ‘e’ following instead. Like, “voelkisch” if you are unable to write “Motörhead”.

And it’s meaning eludes you because your statement (…but yours is simply too ‘volkish’ for me) makes no sense at all.[/quote]

Why does it bother you so badly? Are you so closed minded that you must throw rocks at anything that doesn’t agree with your own belief system?

I guess ignorance and close-minded fear is not just a product of the U.S.

I see God everywhere as well.

What difference should that make to you? Does it mean I am stupid? Weak?

Those questions are rhetorical. Please don’t feel compelled to respond.

And it’s meaning eludes you because your statement (…but yours is simply too ‘volkish’ for me) makes no sense at all.[/quote]

Seems some of the left wing guys are right after all. Your response is nothing but:

“September 11th/Terrorism/Al Quaida”

Seems some of the left wing guys are right after all. Your response is nothing but:

“September 11th/Terrorism/Al Quaida”

[/quote]

You came on a thread about a crazy priest and started going on about Saturn…and you think I’M the strange one? Wierd! Tell your cell leaders to keep you on topic. At least Lixy, who has some semblance of intellect, stays on the topic.

Stay on topic?

How sexually confused must someone be to assume that a guy who runs naked at night is politically or globally important? I’m not sorry for “ruining” this nonsense thread. Often enough I let others have the last word and I surely didn’t spam again and again, I posted- you posted, that’s kind of a conversation.

Also, your “September 11th/Terrorism/Al Quaida” response is nothing but pure embarrassment, given my beliefs and what I stand for.