Was Just Told I Look 'Skinny' on a Diet

It is definitely your pose. Pushing your arms down along your sides and flexing your traps will make you look very narrow. I think that Vince Gironda was correct in the fact that your shoulders are key to looking aesthetically pleasing.

Pecs? You’ve got some definition (not a dictionary yet but maybe a glossary) but seriously dude where is the chest?

[quote]bdybuilderchuck wrote:
About 10 weeks into my goal to 7% bodyfat and I got tested at 9% last week. Tongiht my family told me I look skinny and my sister who I havent seen in awhile also said so too. Kind of makes me feel crappy. I did drop from 208 to 190 in these 10 weeks and have another 5 to go. Here is a pic. Just posting this to vent. Anyone else ever get comments like this when dieting?[/quote]

Honestly they probably took one look at your face. Weight off the face is most noticable.

i get the feeling i’m about to be raped when i look at this pic

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i get the feeling i’m about to be raped when i look at this pic[/quote]

IMPOSSIBLE

skinny rapist does not stand a change vs HM

RAPEEE ISSS GONNA COMEEE

I understand constructive criticism. I dont claim to be “huge” or any ronnie coleman, far from it i understand. In terms of all the negativity in this thread people need to grow up with those comments. I understand I need to get bigger overall and shoudlers are an issue. I am looking to get relatively lean seeing as i have alwasy been kind of chunky and then do a clean bulk and follow a carb cycling diet in the off season seeing as I tend to bloat up with too much fat gain. Thanks to those who made constructive critisicm comments. happy Training everyone!

This thread is full of gems haha

Have you been bodybuilding since January 2006?

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
That pic is just super weird. You look like a child rapist in that shot, your room is disgusting and there in a gas mask in the left corner. WTF![/quote]

I fucking LOST IT as soon as I read “and there is a gas mask in the left corner WTF”.

[quote]Ritter wrote:
Have you been bodybuilding since January 2006?[/quote]

Yes, I actually incurred several major setbacks with 3 injuries pretty much in a row. Tore part of lumbar fascia deadlifting and couldnt lift anything for 3 months. Also biceps tendonitis on R shoulder and then i tried to push back too early and hurt some of the connective tissue in distal biceps on R again. You live and learn lol. Was this meant to be a jab at me?

[quote]catalyst wrote:

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
That pic is just super weird. You look like a child rapist in that shot, your room is disgusting and there in a gas mask in the left corner. WTF![/quote]

I fucking LOST IT as soon as I read “and there is a gas mask in the left corner WTF”.
[/quote]

holy fuck i didn’t noticed the gas mask LOL maybe he is getting ready for the nuclear holocaust.

tbh, OP doesn’t look bad. don’t take it personally when people call you “skinny”. usually they mean “skinnier/leaner”, as was in my case, and changes in bodyfat can cause your face to change dramatically. people don’t really know what they’re looking at. don’t worry about it.

holymac calls me skinny/tinkerbell all the time.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
tbh, OP doesn’t look bad. don’t take it personally when people call you “skinny”. usually they mean “skinnier/leaner”, as was in my case, and changes in bodyfat can cause your face to change dramatically. people don’t really know what they’re looking at. don’t worry about it.

holymac calls me skinny/tinkerbell all the time.[/quote]

Thanks man I appreciate it. Thib just wrote an article about this a few weeks back.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

Thanks man I appreciate it. Thib just wrote an article about this a few weeks back.[/quote]

… But don’t get it twisted, you ARE skinny.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

Thanks man I appreciate it. Thib just wrote an article about this a few weeks back.[/quote]

… But don’t get it twisted, you ARE skinny.[/quote]

LOL.

Yes, the op has made progress…possibly better progress than some of the people talking shit now. But yeah, he’s not that big yet so I am sure in clothes, with his face being what people notice more than anything, they will just assume he “got skinny”.

You fix that by having shoulders, arms, chest and legs big enough for that NOT to happen.

To the OP, keep at it and care less about what sedentary people think about your progress. Most of those people would be the same ones calling you skinny in clothes but acting like you are Arnold just because they can see the slightest amount of muscle on you with a shirt off.

Hell, some people actually thought Tobey McGwire was swole in Spiderman.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
[/quote]

X2, he doesn’t look really bad at all to warrant to some of the comments on here although he needs to do some pressing for those shoulders.

Thanks professorx and sam sneed. Shoulders will be focused on when resuming clean bulking i realize I need to get bigger overall as well.

[quote]Ritter wrote:
Have you been bodybuilding since January 2006?[/quote]

Yes, I actually incurred several major setbacks with 3 injuries pretty much in a row. Tore part of lumbar fascia deadlifting and couldnt lift anything for 3 months. Also biceps tendonitis on R shoulder and then i tried to push back too early and hurt some of the connective tissue in distal biceps on R again. You live and learn lol. Was this meant to be a jab at me?[/quote]

It wasn’t meant to be a jab man. That list of injuries sucks. But still 5 years is 5 years. If I looked like you after 5 years of serious training even with injuries I would reassess everything I’ve been doing to see if I’ve been doing all I can to meet my goals in terms of nutrition, training, rest, etc.

Maybe I’m wrong though. Why don’t you work on your posing and post a better pic?

I agree that’s not a good pose - rolling your shoulders forward like that makes your chest look small.

Keep at it dude, and fuck what people say. You’re doing well - just keep going.