Was Given Advice in the Gym

At the gym I currently work out at, I have to give myself an ego check because unfortunately, I’m the big guy. This is the first gym I have worked out at where there hasn’t been a guy bigger than me. Just old people on the elliptical.

I’m honestly sad that I can be the strongest guy and then when I hop on the treadmill and run 2 miles, the fastest…and also the heaviest and likely the oldest guy in the gym all in the same morning.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
At the gym I currently work out at, I have to give myself an ego check because unfortunately, I’m the big guy. This is the first gym I have worked out at where there hasn’t been a guy bigger than me. Just old people on the elliptical. [/quote]

I was thinking of joining planetfatness just so I could be the most jacked guy there. and to have access to cardio in the winter.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
At the gym I currently work out at, I have to give myself an ego check because unfortunately, I’m the big guy. This is the first gym I have worked out at where there hasn’t been a guy bigger than me. Just old people on the elliptical. [/quote]

I was thinking of joining planetfatness just so I could be the most jacked guy there. and to have access to cardio in the winter.
[/quote]

As long as you only lift on the machines, don’t sweat during your workout and no grunting. You don’t want to set off the lunk alarm, or someone might think you’re a lunk :smiley:

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
My gym has big, large and huge guys.

Most cannot even touch their toes or stretch and then complain about mobility issues.

Why would I even think about asking for their advice?[/quote]

Find one who can touch his toes. Several Olympia competitors could do the splits.[/quote]

Those are few and far between and aren’t they BB’ers?

I am into weightlifting/strongman and flexibility helps a ton but I see very few guys even doing such mobility exercises.

I can do the full splits, not the half assed leg-to-the-side split either. :wink: