Warrioress Trains

[quote]Warrioress wrote:
Thanks for the encouraging comments guys… And correct on all accounts, will keep on trooping and tweaking. Need to get my deadlift weight and form dialled in. Will try and get some vids shot showing form for some feadback here.[/quote]

Videos would be great!

[quote]Bron Sapir wrote:
Hi Jo,

You’re doing great for someone that’s been out of the gym for 3 years!! You mentioned something about switching your program but I wouldn’t worry about doing that yet, just get back into the groove of training and then you can switch it up later on.

Looking forward to following your progress![/quote]

Thanks for checking in on my log Bron. Yes will stick with this basics program for awhile longer whilst I’m getting back into the training groove and I complete on on a work project which is leaving me next to no free time currently.
Will try and get some form vids up when I get a chance to film them.

Long week at work…shooting 7am-10pm each day so struggled getting to gym, leg session on Tues was done at 10pm after a long day and am having to squeeze 2 sessions in at the weekend which is less than ideal, also hate Saturday’s in the gym.

Push day - week 3.

Barbell chest press
25kg 12
30kg 8, 7, 6
25kg 13

DB shoulder press
2x8kg 9, 8, 7

Bodyweight dips
7, 7, 6.

DB Lateral raises
2x6kg 10, 9, 8

Coming into the 6 weeks on this film which always means horrendous hours and 6-7 day shooting weeks, will also be on location staying in a hotel without a gym so will have to hope there’s somewhere half decent to train…will recce it.

Pull week 3

Deadlifts
45kg 10
55kg 8, 8, 8, 8

Lat Pulldowns
35kg 8, 7, 6
30kg 9, 8

Single arm DB row
12kg 10, 9, 9

Back Hyperextensions
w/10kg plate 15, 14, 12.

Deadlifts felt much better this week, dropped the weight and really focused on form, didn’t have my phone with me so couldn’t get a video but form was strong after reading a great article on here.

A week working away from home in the middle of nowhere coming up, could get tricky with training.

Whenever I go somewhere annoying, I just buy a doorway chin bar and do loads of bodyweight stuff. Single leg squats, chins, core work, etc. Or I take a couple of Kettlebells. But I’m insane haha… I am sure a rest week won’t ruin your life!

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:
Whenever I go somewhere annoying, I just buy a doorway chin bar and do loads of bodyweight stuff. Single leg squats, chins, core work, etc. Or I take a couple of Kettlebells. But I’m insane haha… I am sure a rest week won’t ruin your life![/quote]

Ha…well that makes me insane also. In the boot of my car I have a doorway chin up bar, 8kg kettlebell and yoga mat! I’d just prefer a gym to continue my program as I did 6 months of bodyweight circuits prior to this and am loving lifting again but that’s my back-up plan if not :slight_smile:

Whenever I go somewhere annoying, I just buy a doorway chin bar and do loads of bodyweight stuff. Single leg squats, chins, core work, etc. Or I take a couple of Kettlebells. But I’m insane haha… I am sure a rest week won’t ruin your life![/quote]

I do the same (take a kettlebell along anywhere I’m driving…has made for some funny moments on beach vacations w/friends when someone wakes up to take a leak and sees me swinging/cleaning away in the front yard!)

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

I do the same (take a kettlebell along anywhere I’m driving…has made for some funny moments on beach vacations w/friends when someone wakes up to take a leak and sees me swinging/cleaning away in the front yard!)[/quote]

Yup, I’ve had many a funny look over the years grabbing moments to get some training done in weird places!

Legs - 4th week

Squat
55kg (120lbs) 8, 8, 7, 6

Bulgarian Split Squat
20kg (44lbs) 10, 9, 9, 8

Romanian Deadlift
45kg (100lbs) 9, 9, 8
55kg 4, 5

Hip Thrust
55kg 12, 10, 9

Long stretch / mobility session

Got a surprise day off from work today which is nice on a 7 day working week.

4th round of legs, and my squats have actually gone down from my first 2 sessions of 60kg after a bad 3rd round where I felt really unstable at 50kg - but at least I got up a little from that. Need to get my confidence fully up with squatting again.

Getting more confident with my deadlift form, but struggling with grip and added 20kg to barbell hip thrusts (love these).

Have another month or so on this crazy job with crazy hours so will stick with this simple leg, push, pull plan until we’re wrapped and then start on something new.
Might try and get some cardio in from next week, as I’m currently doing none at all and starting to feel a bit unconditioned - just a couple of sprint sessions maybe if I can.

Week 4 Push & Pull.

Muddled together a push / pull session in one as this was the only chance of getting to the gym since Wednesday after an ugly 100 hour working week (nothing glamorous about the film industry)

Low on energy as eating took a hit this week also.

Deadlifts
W/U 30kg & 45kg
55kg 7, 6, 6, 5

Bodyweight Dips
8, 7, 7, 6

Barbell Bench
Didn’t have 30kg in me this week so went with 25kg (should’ve benched before dips)
8, 7, 5

Wide grip Pulldowns
35kg 7, 7
30kg 12, 10

Single arm DB rows
12kg
10, 10, 9

Handstand Push Ups (against a wall)
5, 5, 4

Was wiped out with this. No cardio this week again. I’m actually happy I even made the gym twice this week all considering. Will keep with the basics until I’m all done on the film and then re-program.

Another long week ahead on set.

Getting them in when I can (done last night at 10pm)…

Legs - Week 5

Squats
60kg - 8, 8, 7, 6
50kg 12, 10

Bulgarian Split Lunges
20kg - 10, 9, 8, 7

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
55kg - 10, 9, 9, 8

Barbell Hip Thrusts
55kg - 12, 10, 9, 8

Can’t seem to get the weight up on my lifts - not sure if it’s more a mental thing than physical. Am keen to try another program structure as soon as this film is out of the way and I have some actual time to focus on training rather than cramming them in at the end of a 16 hour work day…maybe a 5/3/1…?

531 is the perfect “fresh start” program imho. I spent a year on Full Body 531 and got great results.
Jim’s system is very user friendly and brings fast and measurable results by way of the AMRAP sets. Of course… deciding which of the dozens of templates to do will likely cause you much stress haha.

Good shit for having the drive to train despite your heavy work load.

531 is the perfect “fresh start” program imho. I spent a year on Full Body 531 and got great results.
Jim’s system is very user friendly and brings fast and measurable results by way of the AMRAP sets. Of course… deciding which of the dozens of templates to do will likely cause you much stress haha.

Good shit for having the drive to train despite your heavy work load.[/quote]

Fast and measurable results - exactly that, want a real gauge of how I’m progressing which will then help me continue training when the novelty of it all wears off and the hard work of keeping consistent begins.
I’ll start looking into templates now so I’m ready to hit the ground running mid-Sep.

Have a lot of drive behind my training right now, have hit 35 and never really made the absolute best of my physicality which is a crying shame seeing as I’ve been blessed with good genes and good health, I really have no excuses.

My work has previously kept me in a borderline-eating disorder state for so long and I’m determined to turn that all around now and give my body and health the dedication it deserves.

Your log is very inspirational panzerfaust have read through most of it now and you have trained right through it all…now that’s drive.

Push - Week 5

Chest Press
25kg 9, 8, 8, 7
30kg 5, 4

Dips
7, 6, 6, 6

Military Press
16kg
10, 9, 8, 8

Lateral Raise
6kg 10, 8, 8, 7

Handstand Push Ups
3, 3, 2

At last a full day off and more than 6 hours sleep, first time in 2 months - forgotten how much of a difference it makes! Went along to the gym well rested and well fed and had a solid session…

Pull - week 5

Deadlift
55kg - 10, 9
60kg - 8, 8, 7, 7, 6

T-Bar Row (PWO)
20kg - 7, 7
15kg - 8, 8, 7

Lat Pulldown
35kg - 8, 7
30kg - 8, 8

DB Row
12kg - 10, 10, 9

That was my first full strong set of deadlifts at 60kg and I think I’ll definitely have 65kg in me for next week :slight_smile:

[quote]Warrioress wrote:
Handstand Push Ups
3, 3, 2
[/quote]
Woah you can do handstand push ups?

I’ve not met many girls who could do those. The hardest part for me is just getting into position though. My training partner does this really elegant flip up into position and I just kinda have to scrunch up and flail my way into it…

[quote]Warrioress wrote:

Good shit for having the drive to train despite your heavy work load.[/quote]

Fast and measurable results - exactly that, want a real gauge of how I’m progressing which will then help me continue training when the novelty of it all wears off and the hard work of keeping consistent begins.
I’ll start looking into templates now so I’m ready to hit the ground running mid-Sep.

Have a lot of drive behind my training right now, have hit 35 and never really made the absolute best of my physicality which is a crying shame seeing as I’ve been blessed with good genes and good health, I really have no excuses.

My work has previously kept me in a borderline-eating disorder state for so long and I’m determined to turn that all around now and give my body and health the dedication it deserves.

Your log is very inspirational panzerfaust have read through most of it now and you have trained right through it all…now that’s drive.
[/quote]

Haha, well I certainly haven’t WANTED to train through it, just have to or I’d go insane. Losing 20kg absolutely fucked my mind - felt so pathetic and weak to the point I didn’t want to leave the house. I’ve only managed to gain back 6kg so far, but it’s enough that I don’t look lost in my shirts haha. So yeah I kind of HAVE to train whether I want to or not. I am certain you understand.

I think everybody feels some regret around their training and lifestyle when they look back at wasted years and silly decisions. But what’s important is RIGHT NOW you have the drive you need and you will look back in a few years and say Yeah!! I made the right decision :).

Keep up the good work and yes handstand push ups are badass.

Push - Week 6

Another 11pm workout after 16 hour shoot day yesterday (only 2 more shoot weeks to go…getting there!)

Bench 30kg - 8, 7, 6, 6, 5
Dips - 7, 6, 6, 5
Shoulder Press 16kg - 10, 9, 8, 8
Lateral Raises 12kg - 10, 10, 9, 7

Finisher press up circuit - wide, diamond, T-push ups… AMRAP.

About to head to gym for Pull

Forgot to log Leg - week 6, which I squeezed in late on Weds night…

Squats
60kg - 8, 7, 7, 6, 5
(5 jump squats between each set)

Bulgarian Split Lunges
20kg - 10, 9, 9, 9

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
55kg - 10, 9, 9, 8

Barbell Hip Thrusts
55kg - 12, 10, 9, 8

Pull - week 6

Deadlift 70kg (155lbs) - 8, 8, 7, 7, 6
T-Bar Row 20kg - 9, 8, 8, 7
Lat pulldown 35kg - 8, 7, 7, 6
DB single arm row 14kg - 9, 8, 8, 7
Straight Arm Pulldown rope 12kg - 7, 7, 6

Really happy with the progress I’ve made on deadlifts. I attempted this weight earlier in program and was uncomfortable with it and sore (not in a good way) afterwards for ages. 70kg feels very comfortable now for reps and will bump this up again next session.
Most other weights have stayed pretty much the same but I’m adding reps and sets so know the strength is increasing - the confidence definitely is :slight_smile: