T Nation

Warrior Diet - Anyone Following It?

I’ve been doing it for about 6 months now, mainly to lose fat, and have dropped about 30 lbs and 10% BF. My fat loss seems to have leveled off now, so I’m trying to see if I can tweak anything. In trying to research how others are following the diet, I was rather surprised to see a post on Ori Hofmekler’s (author of the WD) message board saying what he typically eats in a day:

Check it out, here is what he posted:

Morning:
water
Detox supplements (Detox kit)
vitamin C 6 tabs,
1 Warrior Essential (multivitamin)
coffee- freshly ground French press
chopped parsley (handful).

Mid Morning:
Bowl of Berries
3 Warrior Essentials
2 Warrior Vitamin C

Lunch:
Warrior Milk no Sugar Added, 1 serving with lemon rind (whole lemon on top).

Mid afternoon:
1 Essential, 1 Vitamin C

Late Afternoon - pre exercise meal:
Warrior Milk no Sugar added / ½ serving or a couple of Kiwis, calcium supplements /500mg

• CFT training or workshop session / 1hr

Early Evening - Recovery meal:
1 serving Warrior Milk + ½ serving Warrior Whey + 1 tsp of Colostrum.

Dinner/Main Meal:
Salad
fish or omelet 12 �?? 16 eggs/ 4 yolks with tomatoes, garlic, cilantro on top
Broccoli or cabbage stew, with steamed or cooked carrots. Finish with 0.7 �?? 1 lb raw almonds sometimes with thin sliced goat cheese or cave aged raw cheese on the side.

That last item is what kills me…a pound of raw almonds?!? Who can even do that? That seems just insane to me…basically the majority of his daily calories comes from almonds. It makes me think this whole diet is just a little crazy, stemming from a man who is clearly an anomaly in terms of his metabolism/digestive capacity.

Even though I have had some success on the diet…I’m beginning to wonder if it was just caloric restriction that got the results (it’s tough to consume that many calories in a 4 hour window).

Any opinions from others who have tried this diet?

You’ve been following this craziness for 6 months?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
You’ve been following this craziness for 6 months?[/quote]

And you are still alive to tell the tale?

Isn’t this based on eating like a caveman?

Well if so didn’t cavemen eat a LOT of meat from all parts of the animal including brains?

Eat Brains…

That diet is completely fucked.

Neat!

I have a bridge to sell you.

BTW, my tribe would rip those ‘warriors’ new assholes in battle.

[quote]Shire wrote:
Isn’t this based on eating like a caveman?

Well if so didn’t cavemen eat a LOT of meat from all parts of the animal including brains?

Eat Brains…[/quote]

Yep, and I figure caveman figured out they could carry around food pretty easily with their handy-dandy opposable thumbs.