Warp Speed Fat Loss

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Good stuff all of it.

Sounds like you have a well-equipped gym. I’ve heard of all of those tools before and am immortally jealous of you.

Given what you can sumo deadlift with ease I’m surprised your squat isn’t a lot higher. Injury and just being careful?[/quote]

I think my squat is weak because I never learned proper form. I’m learning how to open my hips up and put the weight on the outside of my foot and lean back more.

I’m sure it’s mental too. I’ve never liked squatting as much as dead lift, and since I’ve switched to sumo style I can do a lot more weight easier than the traditional dead lift.

We are getting a mono lift squat rack so that you just have to lift up the weight and then squat. You don’t need to back it out, that should be pretty cool.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Sounds like a great set up. You have many strong man comps up your way? Would love to try one but none in this area.[/quote]

We had one this summer but it was poorly promoted, I found out about 3 weeks before the event. I’m hoping they have it again because I’ll be training for it.

I just hope they have enough guys and the guys are drug free, creatine free, etc., I don’t want to compete against guys on the juice or supplements. It just wouldn’t be much of a competition.

walleye49 -
Thanks for the post and the link to the system. I’m starting Monday and I’m looking forward to the process.

Keep up the great effort!

Monday

Chest Bench Best effort

315 x 2
315 x 2 (help)
295 x 2

Swiss press

275 x 5 for 3 sets

Incline dumbbell press

105 x 5 for 3 sets

Push downs

100 x 10 for 3 sets

Shnooks

It’s like a pushup where you grab the side of a platform (chair) and you try to do 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 with short reps.

I did 13, 8, 4 they are tough.

I’m thinking about getting slater molds to build some atlas stones. The set would run me 375 dollars new for 14, 16, 18, and 20 inch molds. But it would be nice to have some different sizes to work with.

Tomorrow our monolift squat rack will be coming in.

I’m pretty tired, now but to all out there, I’ll keep you posted if I find some more strongman stuff.

How is this working for fat loss? I’ve been impressed that you are knocking the lifting out, just curious if it is reaching your goals for you.

You might be interested in this for making your own stones:

http://www133.pair.com/iain/vault/house/stones/stonemaking.html

[quote]walleye49 wrote:

I’m thinking about getting slater molds to build some atlas stones. The set would run me 375 dollars new for 14, 16, 18, and 20 inch molds. But it would be nice to have some different sizes to work with.

[/quote]

Never heard of these. Are you talking about for pouring concrete? Any links?

Edit: Saw Skids link after posting this

The best molds are the slater molds. You can reuse these and also on the website there’s a cement mixing bag you can use.

http://www.slatershardware.com/stonemolds.html

then on the dieselcrew.com website you can by a stone workout dvd and forearm guards.

The stone I lift gives me pretty decent bruises on my forearm.

By the way, hel320 you look like you’d be good at the strongman stuff. It looks like you’ve got some long arms for picking up them stones. . .

[quote]Elaikases wrote:
How is this working for fat loss? I’ve been impressed that you are knocking the lifting out, just curious if it is reaching your goals for you.
[/quote]

Actually, my 4 week rapid fat loss is done. You’re right I should change the title of my post if I can do that.

However, the workouts are very intense. My heart rate gets up pretty high and because a lot of the work involves your core, my fat loss has slowed but not stopped.

I can do two reps of the stone lifting and begin sweating pretty hard, that’s burning the fat pretty good.

I had a good workout today. It was our heavy day. They got me wearing one of those bench shirts now. It’s a different way to bench but it’s sort of fun.

Fortunately, I didn’t have to buy one a couple of the guys had some that they didn’t use anymore. I did 455 for two reps. I need to get some wrist wraps. I haven’t been injured but I don’t want to be either. I have a feeling I’ll be putting up heavier weight and I need to protect myself.

I put on some strength with my lat work too. The chest supported rows I added 25 pounds and my pulldowns I added 20 pounds.

Tomorrow is squat day, that’s always a good day.

That is some real weight. Nice going.

I’ll let you all know about my contest on Jan 31. 2009. I’m getting pretty strong in a short period of time.

I don’t have too much time to write about the workout but I hit the prowler pretty hard at the end.

After another year of training for strength and fat loss, my body didn’t transform the way I liked. I’m not one that’s big on making excuses for my body which explains why I would just keep on training and believing the weight loss results would come. Anyhow, they never did!!! Earlier this summer my brother and wife went on a diet prescribed by a doctor using HCG injections on a daily basis with a super low calorie diet.

I was skeptical so I watched their progress and asked them questions as the diet wore on. The both looked well, had plenty of energy, and lost 40 pounds in 40 days!!! I never have been able to lose more than 20 pounds period. So I checked my wife and I into this clinic and asked for the same thing. The doctor looked at me being 320 pounds at the time and asked how much I could bench. I explained my strength training to him and wondered why I couldn’t lose the fat despite, diet, strength training, and various cardio programs. He said I’ll put you on the diet. If you get hungry eat more protein. He also said he thought I was insulin resistant that’s why I can’t lose weight. My body’s insulin won’t let me.

The results:

After 6 weeks taking HCG 300IU daily and eating around 125-250G protein, 30 g or less of carbs and 40 g less of fat daily for the diet. Training I used the WARP speed fatloss workout followed by my old strength workout. I lost 33pounds! I’m currently 287, wearing size 42 pants.

The doctor also tested me for insulin resistance using the Glucose tolerance test. You fast, drink this syrup and then they take blood samples and sugar tests for the next 5 hours. The results were what the doctor expected. My body doesn’t respond to insulin so I’m on a protocol helping to get my body to respond well to insulin.

So I take these vitamins you can search them online. They are Diaxonol and Insinase by Metagenics. I also take 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before my meals now.

As far as my strength goes, it came down as I expected but it’s worth it to be a quite a bit thinner and almost as strong.

I’ll have to read up on all of your posts to get caught up a bit.

Welcome back, Walleye! It’s good to read that you’re getting a handle on the fat loss.