Keep ibuprofen away from dogs at all costs! Do not give it to them, do not leave it lying around and do not store it within their reach. They are drawn to the scent and taste of it and it is extremely lethal to them.
My sister has two dogs and one of them got into a friend of her’s purse. She chewed through a bottle of advil and opened the container up. That night the other dog became extremely lethargic, throwing up, lost bowl and bladder fucntion. They could not tell how many she ate. The gave her the liquid charcol and she threw none of them up. They do not know if she will live. Then 2 days after, last night, the 2nd dog had the same type of attacks. The do not know if she will live either.
One pill of advil is enough to kill a 10lb dog and these are 50lb+ dogs. For them to have the attacks they had they most likely ingested 5 or many more pills. If they survive they will most likely have life long kidney problems.
We all know you’re not supposed to give your dog medicine thats not perscribed for them but it was startling to see what problems and the magnitude of them ibuprofen can cause.