Warning: Rant Ahead

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Hey daven I see you are in Virginia? Where about? My club is in the Alexandria area. If it would help you out she could schedule a no charge consult with me. It would make a difference hearing it from someone she doesn’t know rather than a friend.

I have dealt with the I wanna look like XXXX supermodel/movie star but I dont want to lift phenomenon many times now. Women don’t see just how much work said superstars put into their bodies. [/quote]

Which club? My wife won’t listen to me – but at least I got her to pick up free weights…

[quote]Jason32 wrote:

She sounds like a prime candidate for liposuction. Next time you see her, give her the number to a good plastic surgeon in your area and while your at it, recommend she get a boob job.[/quote]

Not really. Even lipo won’t help unless the person has their diet and exercise under control. I had lipo to get my hips and thighs in proportion to my top and I work out hard just to maintain. People who don’t keep the diet and exercise in line very easily gain it back - although not usually in the same places.

Women think and act like children. They are fundamentally children. They are here for MAKING children and that is just about it.

So, what can you do?

Give her testosterone injections.

And don’t bother asking beforehand.

Get her drunk.

[quote]Josie wrote:
If all she wants to do is cardio, that’s all she’s gonna do. Don’t take it as a personal offense.
[/quote]

The personal offense comes from asking for advice, and then refusing to listen to any of it because you are being an idiot. I hate this more than anything. So would she go to the doctor and give her symptoms, and then refuse any of the treatments she didn’t like? Hopefully she’s not that thick.

Sorry if it sounded like I didn’t get your aggravation, Kratos. I have friends who do that too, and its not tons of fun.

I meant just don’t put yourself out too much and then hopefully you won’t mind too much when she does her own thing. Some people want to TALK about their goals and not actually do too much.

Or they mean well but are so filled up with “don’t eat, work out with tiny pink weights!” that they just don’t hear anything else for awhile, until they realize its a crock.

I would recommend some exotic sex act:)

[quote]derek wrote:
One of my clients brought in an article from a woman’s magazine. It featured the hot blonde from Law & Order (no longer I hear). She talked about the things she did in her workouts. Things like Farmers Walks and sled dragging! She gushed on about how much she liked the “strongman” training and how it made her look and feel.

We had been doing that stuff for YEARS so it justified my existing beliefs.[/quote]

If you could find out what magazine that was in it might be useful. In fact, if everyone made a point of noting articles like this on the rare occasions they pop up, it would make great bulletin board material for all.

Hey Daven,

I know the tendency is to just have her dive right in with intense workouts that you know will work. However, it would probably do her some good just to get her into the gym at this point. You may want to consider giving her a light workout with machines and bodyweight exercises initially. If she is able to stick to that, she may come back later and ask for more tips. She’ll probably be a lot more receptive upping the intensity at that point.

At T-Nation, we all know that heavy compound exercises are the way to go, but back when we were beginners a lot of us probably didn’t understand that (I know that I didn’t).

Best of luck,

Todd

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Women think and act like children. They are fundamentally children. They are here for MAKING children and that is just about it.

So, what can you do?

And don’t bother asking beforehand.[/quote]

Actually, Ive found this phenomenon known as “proximity bias” to NOT be gender specific.

If she wants to look like Charlize Theron, just tell her to stop eating for a few months.

[quote]baretta wrote:
Same fucking problem i am having with my girlfriend. FUCK! So frustrating, so I share your pain

At first she hired a personal trainer for like 50 bucks an hour. Stupid because I seen the program she had my girlfriend on. No compound movements at all and all stupid machine shit.

Because she has had no progress, i have started teaching her some exercises like squats and deads. Apparently she feels she will get super huge working out with actual resistance. She says while doing deads “Its too heavy, i cant lift it”. Meanwhile, she has the bar lifted and she’s swaying back and forth with the bar and using a whining voice. FUCK!!

“I feel stupid”, “its too heavy” “I cant do it” I got so mad at her in the gym that I told her to fuck off and never ask me for anything else and to go back to using the swiss ball and talking on her cell phone. She finally agreed to do squats, now she is surprised how sore she is today.[/quote]

I love you and everything about this post because it sounds like it came out of my own mouth. I just want to scream “Stop fucking bitching and listen to me for three seconds…” I hate how so many people only ever hear what they want to.

So, what can you do?

Winner.

When you think about it, she hasn’t really asked you for advice.

She has asked you to become complicit in the fact she is apparently of little to no motivation, not real bright, or perhaps a little bit of both.

The point being, this girl you speak of is clearly not willing to put any energy into the process.

Now, explain to me why you are?

[quote]etaco wrote:
derek wrote:
One of my clients brought in an article from a woman’s magazine. It featured the hot blonde from Law & Order (no longer I hear). She talked about the things she did in her workouts. Things like Farmers Walks and sled dragging! She gushed on about how much she liked the “strongman” training and how it made her look and feel.

We had been doing that stuff for YEARS so it justified my existing beliefs.

If you could find out what magazine that was in it might be useful. In fact, if everyone made a point of noting articles like this on the rare occasions they pop up, it would make great bulletin board material for all.[/quote]

Was it this one? :slight_smile:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=675567

Daven, is she interested in reading any articles? I would recommend the T-Vixen Roundtable articles and How to Build a T-Vixen (check the thread at the top of the Sorority for the links). If she isn’t, wash your hands of the whole sordid mess…

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
When you think about it, she hasn’t really asked you for advice.

She has asked you to become complicit in the fact she is apparently of little to no motivation, not real bright, or perhaps a little bit of both.

The point being, this girl you speak of is clearly not willing to put any energy into the process.

Now, explain to me why you are?[/quote]

great post, save your energy for someone who actually wants to give it some effort.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:

derek wrote:

We had been doing that stuff for YEARS so it justified my existing beliefs.

Was it this one? :slight_smile:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=675567

[/quote]

Yes, Jilly! You are the woMAN! Good spot! Have every girl read that article. If she still wont give in, forget about it. You’ll never get anywhere with her and you can focus you energies elsewhere. I can attest that there are plenty of women that will listen to good advice (as well as give it).

yeah, maybe Charlize Theron in the movie Monster. Because thats the look she’s going to have with her work ethic.

So, what can you do?

Haha, ya know, that WILL work. Very good thinking.

I recently had a pleasant surprize. My brother’s girlfriend asked me to help her get in shape…I was worried. I thought I was going to get the usual. Too heavy, I’ll get big. Too hard. Squats won’t that make my butt big? What no cardio?

When I suggested compund exercises (squats, deadlifts) and HIIT she loved the idea! It turned out she had played varsity volleyball in college where they weight trained (including olympic lifts). She’s just started hanging cleans. As long as I change her program every two weeks and she feels wiped at the end of the workout she’s happy :slight_smile:

And she’s happy with they way her clothes fit and is not particularly interested in the pounds she gained/lost because “I’m sure I’ve gained muscle”.

I told my brother to marry her!