I apologize to whoever reads this, but I need to rant.
One of my female friends has asked me for advice on how to “lengthen”, “tone” and “tighten” her body. Aside from ignoring the terminology she used, I am more than happy to help.
However, there are a few issues:
- She refuses to change her diet
- She refuses to squat, deadlift, row, press, etc.
- She does not want to “bulk up” so she refuses to lift heavy. And by heavy, I mean any weight which actually challenges her. After all, everyone knows such things are not good for women.
- Every article I send her, every example I send her (such as AG’s threads), and every piece of scientific support I send her she discounts because she “just wants to look like Charlize Theron”.
- She blames her excess weight on birth control. You have been on it for over six years honey, it is not causing you to have fat.
- Whenever I have tried to show her how to do an exercise properly, she refuses to do it if:
A. it causes her ass to stick out (rows, RDLs, etc) because that is “bad”
B. it would “hurt her knees” - squats, deadlifts, etc
C. it would “hurt her back” - pretty much anything other than a machine
D. It “looks weird”
E. It is hard
So what the BLOODY HELL does she expect me to do?
Sorry, just had to rant.