Warning! Ramble Ahead! You have been warned!

I am a little drunk and have just finished watching V for Vendetta, so be warned about what follows…

As I think about where we are, as countries, nations and societies I have to wonder…When did we forget that we, as a people, have employed the government to do a job for us? When did it become that the government controls everything and we as a people accept it? For my American friends, look at the news beyond your borders to understand.

I have read the Declaration of Independance…and your founding fathers had it right…

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

Think about the above, my American friends, are the powers of your government drived from the consent of the governed, or the fear?

Too quote again…
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”…Nuff said!

Too may governments believe themselves secure in their power, forgetting that the power rests with the people and is vested, on limited and temporary basis, to the elected officials.

I urge all my American brothers and sisters to actually read the declaration of independance, at this url:
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm

As a non-American, your current government worries, and scares the shit out of me. Maybe, another revolution is nigh…