Warm-Up: Different Results

Whenever I start off cleans or snatches with a light warm up I struggle with weights that I would normally lift with extreme ease. If I do something along the lines of hill sprints,tire flips,hard jumprope or prowler pushes I will be able to lift much more weight with much better form. Has anyone experienced this before and if so could someone please explain why this happens? Thanks for the help

Your nervous system up regulates in response to the stimulus of the weights when you do a light warm up it dosen’t signal your nervous system to turn on. I always stretch pre lift then warm up with lighter weight and move it quickly and move up by 5 kilos or so til we get to the working weight for the session. Hope this helps.

Post activation potentiation, your ramping up your nervous system to do work.

moving the light weights QUICKLY helps, too. i mean, i find that they do feel heavier because i’m just warming up, but moving them faster helps me warm up more quickly.

pretty much every lifter I’ve ever met in olympic weightlifting starts with the bar, then 40kgs and then increases by 10 or 15 or 20 kgs each warm up depending on his max and proficiency with the lifts

if your working set is going to be 100kgs
i’d go
bar=20

a longer warm up for me would be
20, 50, 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100. Maybe skip the 85.

always though ramp up, you want at least 4 sets and probably less than 8 although I wouldn’t mind even 10.
The sure thing is that you want to have good technique on a certain set. If you just warmed up with a crappy set with 50 don’t go up to 60, warm up again with 50 till it looks good and is fast

also do your warm ups with little rest inbetween. 2 mins tends to be a lot. I keep the rest in my warm ups 1-2 mins(maybe not any at all when bar → 40 or 50 kgs) and working sets 1-3 mins

Whatever works for YOU DO IT.

I use to take much longer warm ups before but now i take bigger jumps and just gut it out. BUT I always FS to max before I do any lifting…

dynamic stretches
bar
PB attempt

Sn bar work

CJ
bar
50/70

I couldn’t handle big jumps before but I’m good with it now.

Koing

Thank you all very much for the help