T Nation

Warcraft Players

Ok, the thread needed to be made. My Warcraft brethren need not be afraid to post!!

My main is a resto shaman named Trenbolone on the Auchindoun server. (Yes, it’s a steroid, but Tren is a tauren, so it works.)

Anyway, this thread is to show off your toon and discuss theory crafting. Leeroyyy Jeennkins!!!

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Ok, the thread needed to be made. My Warcraft brethren need not be afraid to post!!

My main is a resto shaman named Trenbolone on the Auchindoun server. (Yes, it’s a steroid, but Tren is a tauren, so it works.)

Anyway, this thread is to show off your toon and discuss theory crafting. Leeroyyy Jeennkins!!![/quote]

I don’t even want to consider the amount of time it took you to get that good lol.

I used to play, but had to give that thing up. It’s more addicting than crack.

I just started over… but have an 80 ally warrior

so

guilty as charged

Alliance is for 12 year olds and retards.

FYI.

Ignore the arena rating, I don’t PvP. That was to help a guild mate get points. Also ignore the name, it WAS Lollocaust, but some softcock reported it and I had to change it.

The game consumes souls, I’ve quit numerous times and still managed to get pulled back in time and time again.

This last time I told myself I would only pvp and that wouldn’t take up too much time…right? Wrong. Still played constantly so had to give it up again.

My studies started hurting, then my gym time, and that was the last straw.

R.I.P Vassu … good riddance >.<

Yeah I quit video games a long time ago when I realized I was extremely good at them, I played counter strike and DOTA mostly, but eventually realized that it meant nothing to anyone but other people that play those games.

I look at it like this, everything you do should benefit you in a permanent way.

Lifting nets you muscle, strength, etc.

Networking with friends obviously nets you friends, connections, social opportunity to meet others.

Going out with girls, relationships, etc, can even be said to advance the long term goal of marriage, kids, etc.

Studying/working/etc, obviously future career, earnings potential, job security, etc.

All video games give you is an extensive knowledge of the mechanics of that game, and some what faster reflexes/hand eye coordination.

You spend hours, and while entertaining, you have nothing to show for it, nothing of real value.

Once you realize these games “gain” you nothing, you’ll do what I ended up doing, getting extremely good, then realizing it goes no where once you’re there, and quitting.

[quote]HERO wrote:
The game consumes souls, I’ve quit numerous times and still managed to get pulled back in time and time again.

This last time I told myself I would only pvp and that wouldn’t take up too much time…right? Wrong. Still played constantly so had to give it up again.

R.I.P Vassu … good riddance >.<[/quote]

dude you can’t give up now, you’ve come to far.

[quote]HERO wrote:

R.I.P Vassu … good riddance >.<[/quote]

Have you been on Kel’Thuzad since vanilla WoW?

Man that shit is just getting stupid.

Almost 1800 spell damage with 15k hp and 20k mana.

There really is no end to that game. I had over 200 days played before I realised that.

oh you mean

world of warcraft

not the actual game

Lawlz…

[quote]Westclock wrote:
Yeah I quit video games a long time ago when I realized I was extremely good at them, I played counter strike and DOTA mostly, but eventually realized that it meant nothing to anyone but other people that play those games.

I look at it like this, everything you do should benefit you in a permanent way.

Lifting nets you muscle, strength, etc.

Networking with friends obviously nets you friends, connections, social opportunity to meet others.

Going out with girls, relationships, etc, can even be said to advance the long term goal of marriage, kids, etc.

Studying/working/etc, obviously future career, earnings potential, job security, etc.

All video games give you is an extensive knowledge of the mechanics of that game, and some what faster reflexes/hand eye coordination.

You spend hours, and while entertaining, you have nothing to show for it, nothing of real value.

Once you realize these games “gain” you nothing, you’ll do what I ended up doing, getting extremely good, then realizing it goes no where once you’re there, and quitting.[/quote]

True. But new studies show that video games actually improve eyesight and reaction times. Maybe they’re on to something…

[quote]Paste42 wrote:
Westclock wrote:

Once you realize these games “gain” you nothing, you’ll do what I ended up doing, getting extremely good, then realizing it goes no where once you’re there, and quitting.

True. But new studies show that video games actually improve eyesight and reaction times. Maybe they’re on to something…[/quote]

So does bouncing a tennis ball off of a wall…

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Lawlz…[/quote]

Do what now?

Edit: A pic of a naked chick playing WoW is not attaching. Dammit.

Who else trolls Trade chat? Some epic win to be found there.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Who else trolls Trade chat? Some epic win to be found there.[/quote]

yes

WAR > WoW

Some epic laughs with [Thunder] in trade chat.

I played for a couple years. I decided to quit the day WotLK came out. Was tough since I had a pre-ordered CE waiting for me at Gamestop, but I knew I was pretty much gonna be screwed if I kept playing. Had a 70 Paladin and a 70 Hunter. Both Draenei.

I MISS IT SO MUCH! runs to a corner to sob uncontrollably

I played from retail until a few weeks after we downed KJ in a top end raiding guild with some quality pvpers as well(bg9 represent). Once you establish yourself in a guild like that you can get away with “not much” time invested(no more than you’d put into scrimming an FPS or something like that, still a lot of time for a hobby though).

I actually quit because the beta for wotlk was just bad, the group of people I was closest with and I all agreed that we hated the direction the game was going and just stopped. They were the biggest reason to play the game anyways, who you play with definitely sculpts the entertainment you get out of a game like WoW, the gameplay is just there to facilitate meeting like-minded people.

Im just getting back into it, I was content not playing ever again until I saw my little brothers Death Knight and then I got the itch. So once I get my PC up and running again I will reactivate my account. I really could have used it this weekend after I got done moving and all my GF wanted to do was bitch about everything.

I have a 70 Orc War on Greymane and a 70 Enhance Draeneii Shami on Undermine.

Here is my Brothers Death Knight