T Nation

War With Venezuela?

"Chavez Warns of Resistance War With U.S.
By CHRISTOPHER TOOTHAKER, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jun 25, 1:47 AM.

CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez urged soldiers on Sunday to prepare for a guerrilla-style war against the United States, saying that Washington is using psychological and economic warfare as part of an unconventional campaign aimed at derailing his government.

Dressed in olive green fatigues and a red beret, Chavez spoke inside Tiuna Fort _ Venezuela’s military nerve-center _ before hundreds of uniformed soldiers standing alongside armored vehicles and tanks decorated with banners reading: “Fatherland, Socialism, or Death! We will triumph!”

“We must continue developing the resistance war, that’s the anti-imperialist weapon. We must think and prepare for the resistance war everyday,” said Chavez, who has repeatedly warned that American soldiers could invade Venezuela to seize control of the South American nation’s immense oil reserves.

U.S. officials reject claims that Washington is considering a military attack. But the U.S. government has expressed concern over what it perceives as a significant arms build-up here."

One mark of a Dictator is EXTREME paranoia…

(Probably doesn’t help to know that the Presidential Palace has its exact coordinates pre-sighted and programmed into the guidance system of a Tomahawk…)

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
One mark of a Dictator is EXTREME paranoia…

(Probably doesn’t help to know that the Presidential Palace has its exact coordinates pre-sighted and programmed into the guidance system of a Tomahawk…)

Mufasa[/quote]

You got that right. Along with saber rattling and fear mongering to futher tighten the reigns on the poor fuckers who live there. Create a ficticious enemy so when you are eating dirt, at least you think it’s for a good cause. Nobody accused him of being dumb, such tactics have always worked…

Let’s see who comes in in support of this major asshole…

The best thing we can do against this tyranical maniac is to not buy Citgo gas, which is own and opperated by the paranoid asshole himself.

And when no attack comes, he’ll say it’s due to his vigilance against the Imperials. Then he’ll decree that he will be President for life, because that’s the only way Venezuela will stay free.

Textbook.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
One mark of a Dictator is EXTREME paranoia…

(Probably doesn’t help to know that the Presidential Palace has its exact coordinates pre-sighted and programmed into the guidance system of a Tomahawk…)

Mufasa

You got that right. Along with saber rattling and fear mongering to futher tighten the reigns on the poor fuckers who live there. Create a ficticious enemy so when you are eating dirt, at least you think it’s for a good cause. Nobody accused him of being dumb, such tactics have always worked…

Let’s see who comes in in support of this major asshole…

The best thing we can do against this tyranical maniac is to not buy Citgo gas, which is own and opperated by the paranoid asshole himself.[/quote]

Pat36 -I’ll give you one guess as to who will support this asshole…If they have Citgos in Sweeden, I am sure he fills his moped up with gas from there…

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
One mark of a Dictator is EXTREME paranoia…

(Probably doesn’t help to know that the Presidential Palace has its exact coordinates pre-sighted and programmed into the guidance system of a Tomahawk…)

Mufasa

You got that right. Along with saber rattling and fear mongering to futher tighten the reigns on the poor fuckers who live there. Create a ficticious enemy so when you are eating dirt, at least you think it’s for a good cause. Nobody accused him of being dumb, such tactics have always worked…

Let’s see who comes in in support of this major asshole…

The best thing we can do against this tyranical maniac is to not buy Citgo gas, which is own and opperated by the paranoid asshole himself.

Pat36 -I’ll give you one guess as to who will support this asshole…If they have Citgos in Sweeden, I am sure he fills his moped up with gas from there… [/quote]

entirely irrelevant…

Christopher Toothaker? Tooth Ache®? Is that a joke?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"Chavez Warns of Resistance War With U.S.
By CHRISTOPHER TOOTHAKER, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jun 25, 1:47 AM.

CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez urged soldiers on Sunday to prepare for a guerrilla-style war against the United States, saying that Washington is using psychological and economic warfare as part of an unconventional campaign aimed at derailing his government.

Dressed in olive green fatigues and a red beret, Chavez spoke inside Tiuna Fort _ Venezuela’s military nerve-center _ before hundreds of uniformed soldiers standing alongside armored vehicles and tanks decorated with banners reading: “Fatherland, Socialism, or Death! We will triumph!”

“We must continue developing the resistance war, that’s the anti-imperialist weapon. We must think and prepare for the resistance war everyday,” said Chavez, who has repeatedly warned that American soldiers could invade Venezuela to seize control of the South American nation’s immense oil reserves.

U.S. officials reject claims that Washington is considering a military attack. But the U.S. government has expressed concern over what it perceives as a significant arms build-up here."

[/quote]

Bush’s response to this is perfect: Total indifference.

He won’t legitimize this dink for one second.

If he goes manuel noriega, he’ll be thrown into prison.

He is a bag of hot air. I’m glad even the dems steer clear of this clown.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
"Chavez Warns of Resistance War With U.S.
By CHRISTOPHER TOOTHAKER, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jun 25, 1:47 AM.

CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez urged soldiers on Sunday to prepare for a guerrilla-style war against the United States, saying that Washington is using psychological and economic warfare as part of an unconventional campaign aimed at derailing his government.

Dressed in olive green fatigues and a red beret, Chavez spoke inside Tiuna Fort _ Venezuela’s military nerve-center _ before hundreds of uniformed soldiers standing alongside armored vehicles and tanks decorated with banners reading: “Fatherland, Socialism, or Death! We will triumph!”

“We must continue developing the resistance war, that’s the anti-imperialist weapon. We must think and prepare for the resistance war everyday,” said Chavez, who has repeatedly warned that American soldiers could invade Venezuela to seize control of the South American nation’s immense oil reserves.

U.S. officials reject claims that Washington is considering a military attack. But the U.S. government has expressed concern over what it perceives as a significant arms build-up here."

Bush’s response to this is perfect: Total indifference.

He won’t legitimize this dink for one second.

If he goes manuel noriega, he’ll be thrown into prison.

He is a bag of hot air. I’m glad even the dems steer clear of this clown.

JeffR

[/quote]

For once I agree.

Let’s ignore him.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Bush’s response to this is perfect: Total indifference.

He won’t legitimize this dink for one second.

If he goes manuel noriega, he’ll be thrown into prison.

He is a bag of hot air. I’m glad even the dems steer clear of this clown.

JeffR

[/quote]

They don’t. He has been to New York and given speeches in some of the liberal strongholds to rave reviews. He also has monetary and political supporters like Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte (leftist Dems).