T Nation

War, T-wimps

I WILL submit my thoughts on the war, without regard to anyone’s concerns related to “long threads” or personal opinions (isn’t that what this is for?). I asked the mighty t-nation to take a STAND some time ago, long before the war actually started. A very “T”-oriented thing to do in my not-so-humble opinion, and instead they chose to print more of the same ‘this is a very complex issue’ sort of rhetoric from a more ‘high-minded, noble’ individual who ‘saw all sides of the issue more equitably’. The whole t-nation sat on it’s thumb, or maybe chewed croissants with its collective t-charged rectums shouting “Viv’e le’ france!” – you get the idea. 75% of my unit is gone, and I am still here (stateside, orders “pending”) to say ‘I told you so’, take a stand, and sit on my muscular ass at home. So, okay, I get it. You didn’t want to alienate potential buyers, but damn, folks, now it’s too late to STAND, because everyone else already is, and the only thing you can do to make a statement is sit down. My congratulations to the t-nation that has invented an oxymoron with its own title. Lonnie Meade, CPT, USAR, and anxious to join my comrades-in-arms, incidentally, the saving arms of our Medical Service Corps.

If I read you correctly, you’re saying that t-mag/biotest should be taking a pro-war stance. This would imply that the T-nation be populated only by pro-war individuals, which is false. The T-Nation is not political ideology, it is a bodybuilding/powerlifting/athletic ideology that honours the diversity of its members by not taking a stance on the war. There are forums for this type of unification, but t-mag is not one of them.

The T-man oath reads: “I will, to the best of my abilities, pursue learning and the truth. I will strive to have honor, integrity, and courage, and to fight righteous battles when necessary and in short, have the huge, metal-clanging balls of a real T-man.” I’m not seeing, nor do I desire to see, anything that promotes war or violence. Thanks for calling.

I agree, I mean who’s more qualified to editorialize on national security issues and foreign policy than T-Mag.
On a related topic, I’ve been sending protests to Foreign Review recently bemoaning their total lack of coverage of bodybuilding and sports conditioning issues. Damn those fat ass pussies in the intel field.

As soon as I finish typing this, I’m going to go down to my local post office, and then my grocery store, and demand that they take a stand and put up a “Liberals are pussies” sign. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to live in a society where political and civil spheres are seperated. That’s just my opinion though.

[quote]stately plump buck mulligan
04/12/03
09:17 PM

Have a nice day.
If I read you correctly, you’re saying that t-mag/biotest should be taking a pro-war stance. This would imply that the T-nation be populated only by pro-war individuals, which is false. The T-Nation is not political ideology, it is a bodybuilding/powerlifting/athletic ideology that honours the diversity of its members by not taking a stance on the war. There are forums for this type of unification, but t-mag is not one of them.

The T-man oath reads: “I will, to the best of my abilities, pursue learning and the truth. I will strive to have honor, integrity, and courage, and to fight righteous battles when necessary and in short, have the huge, metal-clanging balls of a real T-man.” I’m not seeing, nor do I desire to see, anything that promotes war or violence. Thanks for calling.[/quote]

'Nuff said.

T-Nation creed…this part of the creed some people evidently skipped:

FIGHTING RIGHTEOUS BATTLES WHEN NECESSARY:
Fighting and supporting war on terrorism that the USA has been forced to do…Helping to uproot evil dictators who oppress…Fighting for Freedom for the less powerful…Supporting our troops because they protect our freedom…
And having the balls to do something about problems instead of sitting there and saying…“ya know…someone ought to do something” as TC once pinned in an article.

This is kinda funny, it’s turning into a battle over T-ologic (pardon my poor pun) dogma. Next we need either side to excomunicate (or whatever the “T” procedure is) the other and then the schism will be complete. Then either side needs to ferret out the remaining schismatics in their communities. Can you say “auto de fe”?

Please forget I wrote this and continue as before. From the sociological perspective, this is really quite a fascinating debate.

T-Nation Wimps?

Junior where have you been? Wiping your ass for the last coupla months? 
 When you say T-Nation, you're including my name and everyone else's in your description of wimps.

The sad part is:

1) Myself and MANY others have been VERY Pro-war, Pro-Bush all the way through
 2) Who the hell are you Junior - everybody here knows everybody else, even if you're a pain in the ass like Say and ThaRealest. I dont recall every seeing your name on this forum. My point being if you'd been around the forums lately you'd seen an incredibly Pro-war stance from most members of the T-nation you call wimps.

3)T-Mag is not and has never been a political publication. Sure TC writes his A-Dawg, but that's about it. If he does not have a stance on the war, or if he wishes not to go around talking about the war, get over it and move on with your life. At least they're not embarassing the country by making anti-bush and anti-war comments that, quite honestly no one could care about. TC knows his time is best spent doing what he's always done best - write about weightlifting.

Now, dont go cryin home just yet - if you're familiar with military.com's forums, which you should be, you know you got away with it very easy...

I’m serious when I say, “Please continue”. It would be an interesting excersise in comparative philosophy and sociology to see something like this develop further. Maybe a thread on the philosophy of “T-ism” in order to hammer out what needs to be codified and (for lack of a better term) cannonised as “T-law”. Weightlifters can become monks of “T-ism”, perform marriages legally in the state of CA (like the Universal Life Church, where you just type in your name and address on the internet and are able to marry people). Comeon people! Gratify me this once!

McKee stop being an idiot.
T-forums are a community, much like walking into your local gym and striking up a conversation with the local guys about what works and what doesnt.

And, much like at your local gym, there are always certain rules that must be obeyed - such as, rack your own goddamn weights, dont give advice on something you dont know, and so forth. 

You dont seriously expect us to let just anybdy come in here, and start disobeying all the common sense rules do you? F.ex., my number one rule is 'thou shall not open his peehole if he has nothing useful to say'. That one, for instance aplies to you.

Or take 'thou shall not disrespect any members of the T-forums, without first doing extensive research on his position and using facts to support this same position'. That rule applies to the dumass who posted the original topic.

Or take for example 'thou shall have the right to freely express his own points of view using as much slang language as he/she likes, as long as the topic is supported by evidence and fact that supports the author's position'.

Now, now, boys, lets not try and turn this into a T-Cult. Although that would be rather funny to have this shit turn into some weightlifting underground army. Sorta like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

Diesel23 writes: “thou shall have the right to freely express his own points of view using as much slang language as he/she likes, as long as the topic is supported by evidence and fact that supports the author’s position.” Diesel23 also writes: “At least they’re not embarassing the country by making anti-bush and anti-war comments that, quite honestly no one could care about.” Seems to me like Mr. 23 would rather people shut up than voice an opinion that contradicts his own.

Moreover, on this very same threat, diesel23 decrees “thou shall not disrespect any members of the T-forums,” which follows shortly after his statements, “McKee stop being an idiot” or “pain[s] in the ass like Say and ThaRealest”. In light of these statements, it seems obvious to myself that Mr. 23 is refuting his very own “number one rule,” by “open[ing] his peehole if he has nothing useful to say”.

You guys are cracking me up.
 Ahhh Plump, context is wonderful isnt it?

‘thou shall not disrespect any members of the T-forums, WITHOUT FIRST DOING EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON HIS POSITION and using facts to support this same position’

THATS what I said, thank you very much.

See, the dumass who posted the topic hasnt been around to notice the majority of us are very pro-war. However he disregards that and proceeds to insult every single one of us - remember he called us wimp?
 Now that is fine if it were true. But it just isnt which brings me to my general rule.

General rule #2 also applies well to you.

This has been quite an entertaining thread. I only wished I hadn’t posted my original and “spooked” everyone off their debate. It would have been fun to see it evolve.

Junior I want to give you my deepest apologies.

You are obviously pro-war, and are on our side. You're no Dixie Chick, and you're no weak willed, weak minded whine-ass.

Furthermore, you serve in the Air Force, and I have several good friends there as well. I know you guys are a great bunch.

However what struck me the most was the fact that you wouldnt mind being deployed - Youd do what needs to be done when it needs to be done no questions asked. That deserves the utmost respect from me, as Im sure it does from most everybody else.

Squat, a National Guard has been whining about this war the whole time, complaining it's an oil war, so forth and so forth. I wouldnt want him deployed endangering the lives of our troops with his weak willed attitude and possibly a backstabbing attitude. However you're in a much different egg basket.

I myself am joining the marine corps wing (thats marines with a capital m, which I cant type, thank my computer...)

When are you going to join the Marines Deisel?

‘thou shall not disrespect any members of the T-forums, without first doing extensive research on his position and using facts to support this same position’

Ok, I’ve done my research, and the data shows that you’re a fucking idiot. Sorry to be blunt, but you’re not really reading between the lines.

When are you going to join the Marines Deisel?

lol…Stately you are one funny man