T Nation

war protesting taken to new extremes

is that tharealest in the hockey mask?

Man, where was this protest? Was it in America? This has to come pretty damn close to sedition. They’re just asking for violence.

This is from the SECTION 3 of the Sedition Act of 1918.
“Whoever, when the United States is at war, shall willfully… incite insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States,… or or advocate, teach, defend, or suggest the doing of any of the acts or things in this section enumerated and whoever shall by word or act support or favor the cause of any country with which the United States is at war or by word or act oppose the cause of the United States therein, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than twenty years, or both.”

This Act mean’t that such speach is NOT considered free speech. I’m not sure if this act is still enforced or if it has expired.

i swear to god, if i saw some shit like that in my town, i would rally MY troops and take those muther fuckers out.

You’re a sad man. Hope I’m not keeping you up at night.

If people like those in the photograph are so proud of the positions, why do they feel the need to conceal their faces? Answer: Because they know that when they grow up and mature that their position will change and they don’t want anyone to throw these pictures up in their faces or have their children see them. In other words, deep down they are really ashamed of their actions.

Get a rope.

Or two. Or three.

I find it nauseatingly ironic that that many of the “Peace” protests turn violent and hurt other people. Doesn’t that behaviour completely invalidate thier activity? If that’s peace, fuck it, give me war…It’s safer. What a bunch of nimrods.

I’d use that banner to tie the guy up before I beat him senseless and anyone that came to his defence.

any no-cal t-men down to head to the city this weekend with me and show these muther fuckers what we’re all about?

Just a few thoughts…

I want to say that i am not anti-American. Furthermore i am former military. so here goes.

Who is the Only Country to actually “USE” Weapons of Mass Destruction?

What country massacred at least 2 indigeonous peoples in their greed for expansion?

Who routinely attempts to moralize their interference in other country’s politics?

I appreciate the freedoms this country grants to it’s citizens-more than some,having actually been involved in helping defend them. I am not anti-war. I only wish that We would not drag morality into a purely political arena.

Those who do not learn history’s LESSONS are doomed to repeat them ad nauseum.

I agree that we do try to moralize interference into other countries. I do think we butt into to many countries problems. I would prefer that we leave them be and if things fail for them oh well it wasn’t our fault this time. I rather operate cladestine than out in the open.

But I am tired off people saying the USA is the only country to use WMD in war. We used a god damn nuke, which at the time seemed a great option. Japan used biological warfare on the chinese and killed 1/2 million in WW2 and no one says they used WMD. I thought chemical weapons where part of WMD. If thats the case then everyone is Europe is also guilty. This isn’t anything new, historically India used a form of Chem 4000 years ago. Medival ages we used to spread desease by launching over the wall infected dead bodies. So everyone is guilty for using WMD. Also another point if we didn’t use a nuke on Japan it would have been far worse for them and for us.

About the massacre of indigeonous people can’t argue there. But that was the past. Back then our society (world) and culture was much more different. If you where not willing to fight, you died. Was it right now, but with that we learned to be more “civilized” as a world. If we didn’t have these experiences we would still be the same way as old.

Sorry its sloppy but im in a hurry!

I’ll support the troops when they shoot those dumb ass protesters.

pat, I just want to point out that the vast majority of peace protests do not end in violence, but the few that do are more likely to be shown on national television because violence is more exciting than watching people talk peacefully. That said, as someone that is not totally convinced we should be at wae and as someone who applauds the peaceful protest in this country, those protesters that seek to use violence or disruption of public life make me sick as well. They are taking the attention away from the people that actually have valid, legitimate concerns and express them in a productive way. As for the people in this pic: absolutely disgusting. That’s really all a person can say.

I wonder if the confirmation that chemical weapons were not found there will make front page news? Probably not.

I agree with you ThaRealest. Its the protestors that bring the violence that ruin it all. Im all for peaceful respectful protest. But when they start to screw up traffic or cause a situation to get out of hand than thats BS. I agree the media is one sided, they do like to shade and twist the news.

I remember once when Fox news after 9-11 tried to scare people by flying one of those 2 seater paper airplanes over a nuclear power plant. They said if this was packed full of explosives that they could crash it into the dome abd blow it all up. Little did they mention the play could only carry maybe tops 500 lbs or the fact that the dome was 12 feet thick reinforced concert and that the plane size and weight would do nothing to penetrate that shell. Media does more harm sometimes than good, all for ratings.

ANSWERS:

Who is the Only Country to actually “USE” Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Spain, Farnce and the USA. Spain and France used biological weapons (i.e. small pox) to wipe out entire cultures. Yes, it was done on purpose. England used this tactic as well in the early colonial days. The U.S., obviously, dropped the bomb. But we were at war declared on us by the Japanees. I think it was wrong to choose the targets we chose, but the bomb should have been used in more desolate areas of military importance. That would have sent the message just as well.

What country massacred at least 2 indigeonous peoples in their greed for expansion?

Rome, France, Spain, England, Holland, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, U.S.S.R. (thier own peoples as well as others), China (same as Russia), the USA, etc.

Who routinely attempts to moralize their interference in other country’s politics?

Most 1rst and 2nd world countries have done or do this. Again, Russia, China, Germany, Rome, Iraq, Afganistan, Iran, Palistine, Isreal, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Venezuela, Lebenon, USA, etc.
…Obviously, some have done “worse things” than others. I would say the U.S. is actually fairly mild compared to some of the others on the list.

There are your answers, I fail to see your point.

realest, what are you talking about? what about the scud missles that are being launched at kuwait that he is not supposed to have? what about the chemical weapons factory that was found, camoflauged, and hidden by sand dunes to evade overhead visibility? what about the troops found with cipro and gas masks?

I support Bush… But the protestor do have the right to protest peacefully… After this is the good old USA… we have the freedom of speech…

All though protestor should not bring violonce in the picture… Its just contridicting to what they are doing and they are making ass of themselves…

Like in the oscar award a lot peace sing were being flashed and I am okay w/ that… and Even Adrien Brody made a poltical statement that was tastesful… But Michael Moore comments were uncalled for… I bet any amount of money his next documatry will be on the IRAQI conflict… And that pisses me off… And if he does do a Documntary on the IRAQ war I hope he doesn’t even get nominated for the Oscar…

I apologize if this picture grosses you out.

Saddam Hussein launched 40 gas attacks against Kurdish civilians in the late 80’s. He currently employs “professional rapists” whose job it is to punish people by raping their wives and daughters. Saddam Hussein is said to watch recordings of torture for entertainment.

He is responsible for the death of at least 1.5 million Muslims. There is intelligence that has the people who flew into the world trade center buildings met with Iraqi officials about a year prior to the even. (This is right before they came to America.)

A high-ranking Iraqi defector said that Saddam Hussein was real close to having developed a nuclear weapon.

I do not choose a political party to affiliate myself with, but I have become disgusted with the “protesters” who are either ignorant of the facts, or too often have ulterior motives. The same people who are vocal against this war were speaking for war during the previous administration. The organizers of these protests are not for “civil rights,” but are using protests for political gain ahead of human life. Unfortunately too often it is easier to go with the message of peace and negotiations, not realizing the ulterior motives of those that lead such movements. People become blinded by what they think is right and never realize that they are being lied to.

If you doubt this statement, think of all the people who are convinced that steroids kill. On the surface it seems like such a horrendous drug that is destroying America. Or that increasing protein a couple grams a day will make your kidneys fall out of your body. But a little knowledge, and some facts and you discover the masses are wrong.

yeah, this totally disgusts me. I have friends that are in the military and have the up most respect for them and support them 100%. What if these protestors lose a family member to terrorism. Will they be marching to a different drum??? I think we should dress these people up in Iraqi troop uniforms and have them fight against our troops since they don’t have any support for them!