T Nation

War on Drugs?

http://www.inquisitr.com/892429/foster-mother-charged-in-murder-of-2-year-old-alexandria-hill/

So because a father smokes weed it makes him an unfit parents but then they send their child to a foster home where the woman is known for hard drug use and abuse. Now this little girl is dead.

Soooo the war on drugs in Texas is going o so well.

Where in the story does it say the foster mom was known for hard drug use and abuse? I didn’t get that.

I worked at Child Protective Services in Texas, and all of my cases involved drugs. NONE of the children were taken away because the parents smoked a little pot. There was ALWAYS an arrest for something, abuse, or neglect.

There are definitely WAY too many foster parents that are only in it for the money. No doubt about that. But there are also thousands of parents who do drugs that neglect their children in ways that would haunt you. The thought process of a parent with a young kid at home who chooses to do drugs is not exactly rational.

If you do fuck up, it’s not that hard to get your kids back out of the foster care system. Go to your parenting classes, go to your drug classes, stop taking drugs, and don’t act like an idiot in court. There were plenty of kids that I reunited with their parents in just three months. There were also plenty of parents who would rather smoke pot/crack/heroin than care for their child.

It’s just a fucked up situation.

In other recent news, Women with High IQ’s are not breeding.
Maybe they should…but they’re not…'gotta love America.

[quote]doogie wrote:
If you do fuck up, it’s not that hard to get your kids back out of the foster care system. Go to your parenting classes, go to your drug classes, stop taking drugs, and don’t act like an idiot in court.[/quote]

America, this is where we are: “If the government deems you an unfit parent and forcibly takes YOUR child, it’s not THAT hard to get YOUR child back. Do what the government tells you and show proper reverence to it, and it will likely give YOUR child back to you.”

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

The war on drugs has always (NOT) went well

It’s your child and your job to raise him/her not the government. I can understand if they were abusing her or something terrible in that sense. I could even understand if they abusing hard drugs such as meth, heroine, or cocaine. The truth of the matter is though it was weed which their daughter should have never been taken from them in the first place. If their daughter was never taken then this never would of happened in the first place.

Alexandria?s father, Joshua Hill, said his daughter was placed in foster care because he and her mother ?smoked pot at the time.?
To add to that he was known to have multiple marijuana and a suspended license about 10 years ago were the only criminal charges against him.

In there you will find the abuse I was talking about.

[quote]T11 wrote:
It’s your child and your job to raise him/her not the government. I can understand if they were abusing her or something terrible in that sense. I could even understand if they abusing hard drugs such as meth, heroine, or cocaine. The truth of the matter is though it was weed which their daughter should have never been taken from them in the first place. If their daughter was never taken then this never would of happened in the first place.

Alexandria?s father, Joshua Hill, said his daughter was placed in foster care because he and her mother ?smoked pot at the time.?
To add to that he was known to have multiple marijuana and a suspended license about 10 years ago were the only criminal charges against him.

In there you will find the abuse I was talking about.[/quote]

Well I must have missed it again, but I’m not seeing anything that talks about past arrests or drupe abuse. You basically posted the same exact story twice.

[quote]T11 wrote:
It’s your child and your job to raise him/her not the government. I can understand if they were abusing her or something terrible in that sense. I could even understand if they abusing hard drugs such as meth, heroine, or cocaine. The truth of the matter is though it was weed which their daughter should have never been taken from them in the first place. If their daughter was never taken then this never would of happened in the first place.

Alexandria?s father, Joshua Hill, said his daughter was placed in foster care because he and her mother ?smoked pot at the time.?
To add to that he was known to have multiple marijuana and a suspended license about 10 years ago were the only criminal charges against him.

In there you will find the abuse I was talking about.[/quote]

I hope the parents nail them hard with a civil suit , It is a shame that pot smokers are cast any different than alcohol consumers

The War On Drugs is an absolute farce.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:


Only when Big Pharma can patent this will it be available. If you can’t make money off of it then it can’t be allowed to market. Viva la profit motive! Kudos to those states who have at least passed the medicinal use of this mostly benign drug.

Seemed appropriate.

[quote]NickViar wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
If you do fuck up, it’s not that hard to get your kids back out of the foster care system. Go to your parenting classes, go to your drug classes, stop taking drugs, and don’t act like an idiot in court.[/quote]

America, this is where we are: “If the government deems you an unfit parent and forcibly takes YOUR child, it’s not THAT hard to get YOUR child back. Do what the government tells you and show proper reverence to it, and it will likely give YOUR child back to you.”

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
[/quote]

I’ll reply to this tonight, as I’m at work now, but being anti-government doesn’t have to make you numb to child abuse and neglect.

This story is tragic.

The story does not claim the Foster Mom was on drugs. The story was short, and only from the perspective of the Parents of the child. There is more to this story. The Foster Mom should be placed in jail for this murder.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
This story is tragic.

The story does not claim the Foster Mom was on drugs. The story was short, and only from the perspective of the Parents of the child. There is more to this story. The Foster Mom should be placed in jail for this murder.[/quote]

I cited another article above from the huffintonpost where she had charges for abuse and lead poisoning.

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
This story is tragic.

The story does not claim the Foster Mom was on drugs. The story was short, and only from the perspective of the Parents of the child. There is more to this story. The Foster Mom should be placed in jail for this murder.[/quote]

I cited another article above from the huffintonpost where she had charges for abuse and lead poisoning. [/quote]

So what does abuse and lead poisoning have to do with the Foster Mom being on drugs? All it says is she is abusing another person and feeding them paint chips.

In the time I worked at CPS, I never saw a child taken away that shouldn’t have been. I also never saw a family that I thought should have been reunited faster than they were. Sure there were hoops to jump through. You get to have the kid without any government interference. Fuck up and abuse or endanger the kid, it should be difficult to get them back.

However, I did see four that were reunited too soon because judges lean towards reuniting families as soon as possible. One of those kids is dead, one was in a hotel room watching her mother (who was prostituting herself on Craigslist) get gang-banged by heroin dealers when the police took her a second time, and one disappeared and is either in Mexico or dead. All three families were reunited against my official CPS recommendation and the child’s attorney’s recommendation to the court. The prostitute mother had had three other children in Kentucky taken from her and her rights terminated in those cases. She kept spitting them out, though. Had at least two others that were living with her mother.

There was another one that a drug screen pending (it got held up in the lab) when we went to court on a Friday. The judge said it wasn’t fair to the parents to make them wait for the hearing to be rescheduled to Tuesday after the drug screen came back. So I took that little girl and dropped her off at her parent’s house. Of course the drug screen came back positive for heroin, but we couldn’t use it take the child again. Two weeks later I’m watching the news and I see the house I dropped the kid off at. The neighbors complained about the smell coming from the 15 blue pitbulls that had starved to death chained up in the back yard. No sign of the parents or kid. I hope the mother took the child when she realized the father was still on the heroin and split, but I’ll never know. That was the beginning of the end of my time at CPS.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]NickViar wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
If you do fuck up, it’s not that hard to get your kids back out of the foster care system. Go to your parenting classes, go to your drug classes, stop taking drugs, and don’t act like an idiot in court.[/quote]

America, this is where we are: “If the government deems you an unfit parent and forcibly takes YOUR child, it’s not THAT hard to get YOUR child back. Do what the government tells you and show proper reverence to it, and it will likely give YOUR child back to you.”

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
[/quote]

I’ll reply to this tonight, as I’m at work now, but being anti-government doesn’t have to make you numb to child abuse and neglect.[/quote]

I absolutely agree with that, and I hope and feel confident that few who are anti-intrusive government are numb to child abuse and neglect.

However, I hope everyone realizes that being anti-child abuse and neglect does not mean you have to support totalitarianism.

If a child’s parents are jailed, then someone else obviously needs to take care of the child in his or her parents’ absences.

If a child is being abused, then how much do you think that child is worth to his or her parents? Why can’t a group get together, buy the child from the abusive parent/s, and turn it over to a family who wants to adopt the child? I frequently interact(at work) with the types of people who have their children taken from them by the state. Anything 99.9% of them own could be bought for pocket change.

I would much rather a group purchase parental rights than I would the government TAKE them. That means the government needs only to change its definition of child abuse/neglect to take all children and place them in indoctrination camps(or whatever it pleases).

There are lots of good and bad ideas. Not everything needs to or should be legislated.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
This story is tragic.

The story does not claim the Foster Mom was on drugs. The story was short, and only from the perspective of the Parents of the child. There is more to this story. The Foster Mom should be placed in jail for this murder.[/quote]

I cited another article above from the huffintonpost where she had charges for abuse and lead poisoning. [/quote]

So what does abuse and lead poisoning have to do with the Foster Mom being on drugs? All it says is she is abusing another person and feeding them paint chips.
[/quote]

I’m not saying you have to take my word for it but the information is out there you just have to look for it. There are five articles that I have read on the whole ordeal that is why I’m so disgusted by it.

[quote]doogie wrote:
In the time I worked at CPS, I never saw a child taken away that shouldn’t have been. I also never saw a family that I thought should have been reunited faster than they were. [/quote]

I’m glad you never saw that. From what I’ve seen of CPS, I’m also pretty sure that you never could have seen that. Most CPS workers I have seen suffer from a god complex(not saying you do).

Like I said, if a parent is jailed, then obviously the child has to be placed with someone else. If a parent can’t be jailed, then the child should remain with the parent unless voluntarily given up.