'War' on Drugs

Why does the government declare war on everything. There’s a war on drugs, violence, and terrorism. However these wars are always perpetual and never meant to end. They are meant to take away the constitutional rights of people. Lets end all of these government “wars”.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
They are meant to take away the constitutional rights of people. [/quote]

I think you answered your own question and I agree with you.

Hey Clip, I just finished reading the book Atlas Shrugged and it amazes me how what takes place in the book is actually in my opinion unfolding right before us. The slow implementation of laws to slowly give power to Government. Look it up if you have not heard of it.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.” --Paul Krugman

[quote]smh23 wrote:
“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.” --Paul Krugman[/quote]

I LOL’d, well played.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.” --Paul Krugman[/quote]

Yeah, but Krugman is an insufferable twit that has jumped right put of Atlas Shrugged and wants us to forget where he came from.

I seriously have it on my to do list to dig up the text he got his Nobel Prize for, because I am still somewhat in denial when it comes to the value of the those prizes, if we exclude the piece and the literature prize of course.

Those are obviously intended to fuck up any vestiges of honesty, decency and sense of proportion that might have remained in the less traveled back waters of our society.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

LOL xD

Its a silly notion, but there is far too much money in prescription drugs and their lobbysits to end it, not to mention the criminal syndicates who have a vested interest in keeping up their lucrative business via people like Clay Davis (yes i know hes fictional, but that shit is common).

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Yeah, but Krugman is an insufferable twit that has jumped right put of Atlas Shrugged and wants us to forget where he came from.

I seriously have it on my to do list to dig up the text he got his Nobel Prize for, because I am still somewhat in denial when it comes to the value of the those prizes, if we exclude the piece and the literature prize of course.

Those are obviously intended to fuck up any vestiges of honesty, decency and sense of proportion that might have remained in the less traveled back waters of our society. [/quote]

Fully agreed on all counts. Although…i laughed my ass off at that quote.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

I suspect that book hit much too close to home for Krugman. Maybe it touched a nerve.

Lol wow smh have you even read the book. Have you ever had shit taken from you. Lets hope you are not an American. Its kinda funny how the lefties agree with you my friend. Read the book if you have not. Funny how a liberal attacks with insults instead of the issue.
The Tolkein books are great by the way.

[quote]jre67t wrote:

The Tolkein books are great by the way.[/quote]

I can agree with this :slight_smile:

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Lol wow smh have you even read the book. Have you ever had shit taken from you. Lets hope you are not an American. Its kinda funny how the lefties agree with you my friend. Read the book if you have not. Funny how a liberal attacks with insults instead of the issue.

Dude, I’m pretty damn far right and I found that quote highly amusing. Get that telephone pole outta your ass and lose the butthurt.

[quote]jre67t wrote:

I put that up mainly because it’s funny as hell.

And yeah, I read it.

Dude argue the point not me. Whats so hard to understand about that. And your the one talking about poles up your ass. Okay dude?

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Dude argue the point not me. Whats so hard to understand about that. And your the one talking about poles up your ass. Okay dude?
[/quote]

Did you just try to recruit me to argue your point for you? Wtf just happened?

[quote]smh23 wrote:

:slight_smile:

I overall liked that little speech by Cohen, takes some balls to say in his position.

Well articulated.

Did anyone see the debate on CNN between tommy chong and some “drug czar” dbag last night?

Typical of the establishment, this drug czar fellow attempts to take some sort of moral high ground all the while stating marijuana is addictive. Falsification is the reason this is illeagal, and the lies are pervaded to schools via federal funds in the DARE program. Its such nonsense.

Not to mention the waste of funds, and personnel on an essentially useless and unstoppable “problem”.