Wanting To Train

hey guys. I was wondering, I’m a naturally skinny guy and so people always tell me to workout less (3 days a week usually mon, weds, fri) but i find on the weekends that i want to train, and trust me i always kick my own ass in the gym.

Should i ignore this or should i listen to what I feel and go workout if I really feel like I can.

Why would you workout less if you are skinny? If you feel you can and should workout more, than bloody well do it!

And eat lots of food, it will help you overcome being skinny.

Your body is telling you something. Pay attention. When my body needs beef i feel it. When I need juice i can tell. When I haven’t had enough calories or enough carbs or haven’t trained enough. If my legs are fresh, or my shoulders want some push presses.

Who gives a fuck what joe-schmo says?

Also, eat more.

[quote]ty45 wrote:
hey guys. I was wondering, I’m a naturally skinny guy and so people always tell me to workout less (3 days a week usually mon, weds, fri) but i find on the weekends that i want to train, and trust me i always kick my own ass in the gym.

Should i ignore this or should i listen to what I feel and go workout if I really feel like I can.[/quote]

Your size is 80% food, 20% training. Ermmm, make that 95 to 5% for a ‘naturally skinny guy’. If you want to grow you will have to eat MUCH more than you’re used to.

You’ll never know unless you try (another training day).

If it works, keep doing it, if not…

By “works” I mean if you can still add weight to your lifts on a regular basis. If you squat 135x3 now(hypothetically, of course), imagine what you’ll look like when you can squat 225x3. Then 300 and on and on.

Adding weight to the bar (or reps first, then weight) is really the only, and certainly most important benchmark you need to be concerned with.

If you get stronger and eat correctly (enough) you’re doing something right. If not, you’re not.

If you want to train, that means you can and should train.

If you feel sluggish and crappy, and can’t get mentally ready to train then that means you have not recovered enough. It could also mean that you just need to read some t-mag or watch conan the barbarian to psych yourself up or something. Your diet and sleep also factor into feeling like crap.

Lastly, your size is dictated by your diet. Eat more.

If you can recover that fast, then train more. More power to you.

But how heavy are you lifting? Nothing beats the shit out of you (for the next day or two) like a hard AND heavy workout. If you’re lifting light in terms of % of 1 RM, that could be why you recover so fast. Again, if this is not the case, then more power to you.

ahah first off i would like to thank everyone who has posted here…but i completely stopped checking this thing for over a year now…i still am pretty skinny to me, but i have gained about 40 pounds of lean muscle since then…still training 3 times a week but doing full body workouts, cant seem to get the 3 big lifts higher than they are right now tho…

my bad it wasnt a year…and i think i only gained bout 10-15 pounds in that time frame since i last posted here

If you aren’t gaining weight try this…
Mon chest tris shoulders
Wed legs
Fri back and bi’s
abs whenever.

This works great for bulking.

edit…

Just read your other posts. Good to read your program works.

You could always try working out (or TRAINING) 3.5 days a week. i.e. Train, rest,train,rest… 7 training days every 2 weeks.