Wanted to Do Injections Instead of Cream. Don't Know What to Do Now

Alright I started TRT compounding creams a while back. I honestly felt like I’m not getting much benefit from them. Before starting TRT my Total T was 200 area, with Free T being 8, and my Estrogen not registering it was so low.

So I started the compounding cream and my doctor has me at 125 mg daily. I haven’t felt too much difference but got my blood work back.

Total T is 499, Free T is 24, and Estradial is 50. Now the Estradial is way too high, and the Total T isn’t too hot either but my Free T is 24. That’s well above the normal range. I don’t see how my doctor will agree to injections when my Free T looks so good. Advice?

Creams can produce more E2 than injectables, if your doctor is inflexible to injections get rid of him.

Thank you. I also believe they MUST have made a mistake on my Free T levels. I was using the only calculator where it asks your SHBG (mine is 15) and Total T (mine is 499) and gave me a Free T level of 15. A lot lower than my test which puts me at 24. Not only that but I know 2 different people who had Total T in the 1200 area and had Free T in the upper 20’s. Don’t see how me at 499 could possibly have a Free T of 24

Low SHBG is how.

T transdermals do not create steady FT levels and your average FT is probably lower. All depends on lab timing.

What are you paying for the T creams? Self-injected T is least cost TRT and lesser T–>E2 potential with injections twice a week, subq. Smoother T levels reduce some T–>E2. Cost is a big factor.

You need anastrozole to manage E2 levels and hCG to preserve your testes and fertility if a factor.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.