High reps low weight? What the hell o.O
Okay then how about we do this:
If you could provide a front, side, and back picture that would be helpful so I have a better idea.
Walk an hour in the morning, or when you wake…?
Do you have access to a gym?
If so, instead of running, how about you start off with one of the machines, I suggest the ellipticals, or cycle.
- additional method : swimming an hour.
- break a sweat
- Cut out fast food, no soda either, tho you know 1 coke a day doesn’t hurt that much but if you want to make significant gains, the first step is to redraw and redo your diet so it promotes fat loss, and muscle growth?
- Switch from simple to complex carbohydrates. Brown Rice, Whole Grain Unprocessed stuff.
- search articles for : nutrition
You want to aim for 6 meals a day so your body doesn’t go into fat storage mode, smaller more filling meals, some carbs, vegetables, and good protein.
- Try 30-45 minutes of weight lifting
- 8-10 reps x 3-4 sets per excercise you do. Consider your first set as a warmup set. Work on form because you need to learn how to connect your mind and the work with the muscle involved. The closer that connection the more you will be able to do overtime.
- simplified format: workout 1 day, rest 1 day, workout 1 day rest 1 day, visa versa. Each weightlifting day switch between upper body and lower body.
- mainly this simplified version is provided because I assume you don’t want anything complex yet and you haven’t made the time to actually go and read the beginners thread, and the faq thread, and other articles.
** I stress that you should do that as soon as possible and get to learning. Enrich your mind, and get to growing within so you know what you need to do.
as you are now the best thing is to introduce cardio activity, I’m not sure if your knees will suffer from running, so that’s why I recommended the other alternatives.
key lifts :
squat, deadlift, benchpress, military/shoulder press (barbells=bb), barbell rows
I find the more I write the more I feel like this would take endless days, so I’ll stop while I realize the connundrum I am in.
Now make sure to visit the links listed earlier, and start reading articles :)tho if you have specific questions, feel free to post and I’m sure people can help you as time permits!
There are plenty of workouts available in the articles section. Get to reading!