Want to Start MT or Boxing

Now First question, does MT require past combat experience? As in other sports IE boxing? Or can I just walk in, and start from scratch?

Boxing, right now I am gaining weight, some fat as I am doing it pretty sloppy, because of school. (And I don’t mind working hard for a few extra months to get the satisfaction of looking bad ass)

So if I just explained to them what I am doing think they would help?

Uhh… what?

[quote]calibreeze wrote:
Now First question, does MT require past combat experience? As in other sports IE boxing? Or can I just walk in, and start from scratch?

Boxing, right now I am gaining weight, some fat as I am doing it pretty sloppy, because of school. (And I don’t mind working hard for a few extra months to get the satisfaction of looking bad ass)

So if I just explained to them what I am doing think they would help?

[/quote]

Lol…its not like you’re applying for a job…everybody starts from scratch…everything else is up to you. Just go in and bust your ass…everything else will fall in place. As long as you pay attention and learn.

Unless I interpreted your jibber jabber wrong.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Unless I interpreted your jibber jabber wrong.[/quote]

Hahaha I’m still trying to figure out exactly what he means.

No big boss got it right :slight_smile:

What I meant was is MT a sport where ‘basics’ Are needed to have really anyone care? Like kickboxing, and or boxing? Or can I just walk into a MT gym slap down a check, and bust ass

It’s just like everything else, nearly everyone in there is going in starting from fucking scratch. And even if you aren’t… you are. because thaiboxing is going to be way fucking different. Go in there without an ego, and with clear defined goals for why you’re going there. WHY do you want to start muay thai or boxing.

Because I’ve been following it on T.V (not really following, but watching when its on)since I was 13 (now 18), Every time I watch it I wish I was there fighting the rush of it seems amazing. I used to be a varsity wrestler, now that thats over I need a new sport.

My goals are clear

Join, and be the best I can be at the sport, give it my all until I can’t compete anymore.

Did you have these questions before you started wrestling?

Pick one and apply your goal to it.