Want to Focus on Legs

Hello and once again, please excuse my English.

I’m currently on vacation for 3 weeks…
When I’ll be back to the gym, I want to fix my lagging legs (and calves).

Just before Holidays, I currently trained 4 days/week with the big but boring routine ( Boring But Big 3-Month Challenge ).

I’m the typical tall guy, no legs and no calves ( http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/matanguss_indigo3g_log )

I know I’ve to put on mass on EVERY part of my body before fine-tuning any routine. But my lagging legs really piss me off.
Do you think I have to keep going with a program like Jim’s one, or should I do a ‘specialization’ one for my legs ? I don’t know if training my legs more is a good idea. If so, what kind of program ?

Thanks,
Mathieu

Smolov. google ‘joe skopec’ and use the calculator to get the weights, sets and reps

Smolov doubled the size of my ass, I’m not sure my legs and calves got any bigger. Hehe.

For my legs I’ve seen success with high rep squats to parallel, done rest-pause style. I’ve also been doing the same thing with stiff-leg deadlifts. 1x20 of squats and 1x15 of SLDLs (with other exercise in between). I’m doing this 3x a week and increasing the weight every session.

The squats have increased the size of my quads, and the SLDLs have increased the size of my ass and hamstrings. My thighs grew 2 inches (5cm) in about 5 weeks.

I’m not currently doing anything for my calves.

Are you making gains with 5/3/1? How long have you been following it?

My suggestion is to stay with 5/3/1, and double your squat, while not neglecting leg accessory work.

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
Are you making gains with 5/3/1? How long have you been following it?

My suggestion is to stay with 5/3/1, and double your squat, while not neglecting leg accessory work.[/quote]
My gut is to go this way. Leg-focused programs don’t get much more basic than having one day of deadlifts, hamstring stuff, and calves and a second day of squats, quad stuff, and calves.

Your newer pic looks does definitely show progress.

I’ve been fallowing 5/3/1 for only 1 month (As I said I’m now on vacation…), after my 4-months cycle with HP-mass program from Indigo.

Thanks guys !
Especially Chris, you helped me in the past and keep going now. I really appreciate that.

Mathieu

[quote]mat_angus wrote:
I’ve been fallowing 5/3/1 for only 1 month (As I said I’m now on vacation…), after my 4-months cycle with HP-mass program from Indigo.

Thanks guys !
Especially Chris, you helped me in the past and keep going now. I really appreciate that.

Mathieu
[/quote]

Stick with 5/3/1 and pay attention to your leg accessory work. You’ve only been on the program for one cycle so I’d suggest seeing it through for at least 6 months to see where you’re at.

What does your current leg/squat day look like?